Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2021 5:26:55 PM EDT
First of all, this is not an ad.

I'm looking for advice on how to sell. I've got a camper trailer that I'm looking to sell here in Western Wa. I've never done that before and am wondering what's the best route that's a reasonable balance between effort and ease. I wouldn't think that selling it to a RV/Camper place would not be a good idea as they'd really give the lowest price considering they are just going to resell it, but it's probably the fastest and easiest.

Craigslist? Facebook Marketplace? Offer Up? Autotrader? Consignment?

Anyone with any valuable experience or advice to share would be quite welcome to be heard from.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Craigslist should work out just fine.

Everything camping related seems to be going quickly these days.  Especially if it is in good shape.

I'd be surprised if it took a week for a real buyer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Used Craig's List couple of years ago to sell our Pop-up trailer and it sold in a week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Agree with others, the Craigslist/Facebook market seems to be pretty solid for that sort of stuff right now.  Just make sure you take some good pictures, maybe shoot a short video walkthrough/walkaround that you could upload to youtube and post the link in the sale listing.  If you do that, sign up for a new Gmail account first, and use that as your youtube profile so it's not connected to your personal info too closely.  

Only sell to someone in person (no out of state, I'll come pick it up, I'll pay to ship it, etc. deals), cash in hand or a cashiers check from a locally represented bank that you can go "hammer" in person and cash before handing over anything.  As an example, don't take a cashiers check from "Southern Mutual Bank" or some BS that no one's ever heard of.  But taking a cashiers check from Wells Fargo, Chase, BECU, etc. is totally fine, just make sure you verify and "cash" it before handing over the title and trailer.  Most people would probably just meet you at the bank to handle it, which is easy enough.    

Frankly, you'll probably find a like minded person just looking for a camper to get out with their family for the summer, and it'll probably be an easy and fun deal.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice. Craigslist and FB Marketplace were kind of the direction I was thinking so it's good to hear some folks second that direction.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't show the trailer at your house. As much of a pain in the ass it will be to do so, it is worth towing it to meet potential buyers in an empty parking lot somewhere. I have sold 2 different trailers and about half a dozen cars this way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't show the trailer at your house. As much of a pain in the ass it will be to do so, it is worth towing it to meet potential buyers in an empty parking lot somewhere. I have sold 2 different trailers and about half a dozen cars this way.
View Quote

Hmmm that's a good idea and sound advice, however huge part of the reasons to sell it is we've got nothing to tow it with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

An abandoned drive-in theater lot works well.

Heat (4/5) Movie CLIP - Drive-In Shoot Out (1995) HD
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm prepping my small Travel Trailer for sale too (upgrading a tad) and we plan to use offerup and probably CS. I'd rather just trade the damn thing in the but wife wants that extra $2-$3K for it. meanwhile I get to deal with the asspain of it all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top