Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2022 9:52:02 AM EDT
So fellow Campbell county guys and girls, they were supposed to switch over to twice a year personal property tax. We haven't received a tax bill yet. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Website says due June 5th, and tax bill should be mailed about 30 day prior.
Can't get anyone at the Revenue office to call me back or answer the phones.

Wife got a new van last year so I'm trying to figure how bad of an ass fucking we are going to get at the $4.40/100 tax rate the county has.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Appo here.

Just got ours in the mail on Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Appo here.

Just got ours in the mail on Saturday.
View Quote

Yea Coworker got his Appomattox county last week as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Got in touch with the Treasurer's office, they are having issues and believe the tax bills will go out sometime next week. Meeting tonight to discuss possible payment extension.
Sadly she couldn't give us the tax amount, so still have no clue how bad le rape for the van is going to be.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys are living in the wrong county. Gloucester County just lowered their personal property
tax rate from $2.95 to $2.30 per $100.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You guys are living in the wrong county. Gloucester County just lowered their personal property
tax rate from $2.95 to $2.30 per $100.
View Quote

We are in the 1 little tiny slice of our zip code not in Bedford County. Should have chose better. Bedford is something like $2.40 per 100.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny how the tax rate didn’t change, but boy did the assessed value increase.

I’m going to offer to sell my vehicles to the county for the price they assessed it. Fckrs
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Funny how the tax rate didn't change, but boy did the assessed value increase.

I'm going to offer to sell my vehicles to the county for the price they assessed it. Fckrs
View Quote

Not surprising. I think thats how they get around things. We didn't raise rates, just the value of your stuff went up.
We still haven't gotten ours yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top