Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2020 12:12:25 AM EDT
Is it legal to ship an AK parts kit with its FA parts into Cali?  Also are 80% or less receivers ok to ship in?

Not finding much direct info on the web about this.

Thanks,

Brick
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing illegal about it.  That may change in the near future, but for now it's GTG.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You can ship 80% receivers in but can’t complete them without applying for a state issued serial number.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't there some sort of parts restriction law that will begin to go in effect sometime this year? I know they passed something in an attempt to get rid of 80% builds, but nothing I've seen shows the details.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't there some sort of parts restriction law that will begin to go in effect sometime this year? I know they passed something in an attempt to get rid of 80% builds, but nothing I've seen shows the details.
View Quote
There was a bill that included restrictions on ‘precursor’ parts from last year. Don’t recall if it was an assembly or senate bill or what the bill number was. It did impose restrictions on parts such as upper receivers, barrels and such. Obviously absolute horseshit. Assume it passed, but can’t confirm.

No idea if any similar garbage is on tap right now...
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There was a bill that included restrictions on ‘precursor’ parts from last year. Don’t recall if it was an assembly or senate bill or what the bill number was. It did impose restrictions on parts such as upper receivers, barrels and such. Obviously absolute horseshit. Assume it passed, but can’t confirm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall if it passed yet or not, but it had a long phase-in period.  I don't think a lot of the restrictions were to take effect until something like 2024 or 2025.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't recall if it passed yet or not, but it had a long phase-in period.  I don't think a lot of the restrictions were to take effect until something like 2024 or 2025.
View Quote
It passed. Not sure on phase in.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get them while you can...

https://www.80percentarms.com/products/0-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver/
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That is too funny.  This more from their web site listing.

We are pleased to offer the finest 0% billet AR-15 lower receivers in the world.
What is a zero percent lower you ask? As the name suggests, it's a lower
receiver that is zero percent complete. In other words, solid aluminum bricks.
Our lowers start off in the form of these billet aluminum blocks and are machined
to 80% completion on our state-of-the art 5 axis CNC mills. These solid aluminum
blocks are heavy and have very sharp edges. They could make a good weapon if
thrown at an attacker.

While these weapons are not regulated under ITAR yet, we still don't want these
dangerous things to get into the hands of the wrong people, like Kim Jong-un.
Therefore, shipping of 0% lowers is strictly limited to USA only.

Dimensions: 8"x4.5"x1.5"

Made out of 6061-T6

No shipping outside of USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top