[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is this?
View Quote
It's in Huntsville.

Honestly, it's been my experience that it is rarely worth the admission price. Most anything you can find there can be had cheaper elsewhere. Don't bother going on Sunday morning, that's for sure. The last time I went on a Sunday morning, a large number of the dealers didn't show up within the hour and a half I was there and I got there within minutes of the door opening.

There's a show coming up at the VBC on May 25-26. It will be significantly better than the one at the Cahaba Shrine Center and it's still not what I would consider a great show.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's in Huntsville.

Honestly, it's been my experience that it is rarely worth the admission price. Most anything you can find there can be had cheaper elsewhere. Don't bother going on Sunday morning, that's for sure. The last time I went on a Sunday morning, a large number of the dealers didn't show up within the hour and a half I was there and I got there within minutes of the door opening.

There's a show coming up at the VBC on May 25-26. It will be significantly better than the one at the Cahaba Shrine Center and it's still not what I would consider a great show.
View Quote
Wouldn't even bother with the Cahaba show for a VBC show that close.

Of course, it's been decades since I went to a gun show; probably back when they had pretty good ones at the VBC before the idiot shot himself with a 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's in Huntsville.

View Quote
Pretty much this. Cahaba show has sucked ass since about 2012. The VBC show is hit or miss, but I usually have pretty good luck there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I’ll be heading back from knob creek ky mg shoot, so I’ll report my experience, thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I’ll be heading back from knob creek ky mg shoot, so I’ll report my experience, thanks
View Quote
Compared to 'the Creek,' it'll be a total let down.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
To the metro diner recommendation thank you I got the protein breakfast and added a biscuit great bacon and sausage my wife got the omelette with crab and she was happy.

As for the show well it was small  there were a few items I was interested in, one was a SNW Ladysmith and the guy wanted $500 and I said thank you and walked away, another was a Ruger LCPII That the gentleman wanted $300 for I gave a counter offer of $200 and he was quite taken aback, I thanked him and walk on my way, last item was a KHAR st9 The gentleman had $400 on the price tag as he gave me more information on it he actually raise the price to $450 and told me these were close to $600 new I thanked him and was on my way back to Mobile. There was one a reasonable deal a SAR, 9mm Full size BP9 I think for $300 that look new with one magazine,  I think this show is pretty much just for the Shriners to make money on people coming in the vendors are just there to give people something to look at several vendors did not have prices on anything, and when you do ask you get the new price +10%. Space was nice and I’ll probably not visit Again, I can’t wait for the next Hoover show!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top