Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2018 4:29:47 PM EDT
CUOMO'S 'RED FLAG' GUN BILL ADVANCES

"ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A proposal from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to allow parents or teachers to petition a judge to remove guns from the homes of troubled students is advancing in the Legislature....

The proposal would authorize teachers, school administrators and parents to ask a judge to evaluate a child they believe is a threat to themselves or others. The judge could then order the confiscation of firearms in the child's home."

Article says it is unlikely to pass the Republican led senate... I can't remember when we have heard that before?

If passed I guess it could be a big push for homeschooling,  probably biggest since common core.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
CUOMO'S 'RED FLAG' GUN BILL ADVANCES
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/Emblem_Stasi.svg/800px-Emblem_Stasi.svg.png
"ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A proposal from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to allow parents or teachers to petition a judge to remove guns from the homes of troubled students is advancing in the Legislature....

The proposal would authorize teachers, school administrators and parents to ask a judge to evaluate a child they believe is a threat to themselves or others. The judge could then order the confiscation of firearms in the child's home."

Article says it is unlikely to pass the Republican led senate... I can't remember when we have heard that before?

If passed I guess it could be a big push for homeschooling,  probably biggest since common core.
View Quote
NY is seeing an absolutely huge push in homeschooling.
Shit like this makes up parents minds when they are on the fence....
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow this guy is a fucking dick
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully they stand their ground, but....I can see Coumo giving in to armed school guards to pass this. Sessions end Wednesday, correct?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top