Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2021 7:05:09 AM EDT
Roof ridge blew off my house and we have been unable to get a response from any local roofers for repair.  There is open whole in my roof. It is on a peak that I am unable to reach because the roof pitch is too steep.  

Anyone in northern CT who can help out with equipment to get up a roof? I have the ridge shingles and nails ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Roof ridge blew off my house and we have been unable to get a response from any local roofers for repair.  There is open whole in my roof. It is on a peak that I am unable to reach because the roof pitch is too steep.  

Anyone in northern CT who can help out with equipment to get up a roof? I have the ridge shingles and nails ready to go.
View Quote

Reach out to har1340.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't hurt (if you haven't done so already) to put out a bat signal over on CTGT (http://www.guntalk.club/smf/index.php?action=forum) or maybe even NorthEastShooters (https://www.northeastshooters.com/) to cast a wider net for possible responses.

With the prediction of a possible low grade cat 1 hurricane or tropical storm coming for Sunday hopefully you can find someone who can help out it in the next day or two. NHC keeps inching the track further and further into CT. Current 11am prediction has the center of the track right over the CT/RI border area.

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean the hurricane blew it off and now you need a claim for the whole roof
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mean the hurricane blew it off and now you need a claim for the whole roof
View Quote

This. Damn canes....
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Am I remembering correctly you are in the Tolland area? I cant get away today, its my wifes birthday and our 18 month old has pneumonia or bronchitis or both. I can come out tomorrow morning if the storm hasnt hit yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sucked it up and hugged the roof!
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This. Damn canes....
View Quote

Say good bye to affordable homeowners insurance- you will be fucked
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Say good bye to affordable homeowners insurance- you will be fucked
View Quote

I made a $25k claim last year after the August tropical storm. Roof, siding, pool liner, etc. (That doesnt include a car getting crushed). Insurance wanted to raise my rate $500 per year. Dropped them like a rock for a lesser rate than before the claim.

ETA: insurances original buyout offsr was $3k
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Say good bye to affordable homeowners insurance- you will be fucked
View Quote

I can't say what his insurance will do, but this is not my experience.
10 months after purchasing and remodeling my first home, I had a +$100k claim, due to that ice storm on Oct 29, 2011.
I don't believe I'm paying any more now than I was then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top