Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2021 5:27:38 PM EDT
Saw this on another site: I couldn't find it on the CSKT website.

Proposed Changes for March 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023

The following items are proposed changes or new additions for the annual 44D regulations for all non-members of the CSKT:

Part I, 2022-23 Reservation Licensing, Section 1. Form of Licenses and Duplicates

Camping Stamp 18 and Older:  For all categories of residences – increase camping stamp cost from $20 to $100.
Non-Residents of the Reservation:  Increase annual Conservation License for both age categories from $23 to $100, increase 3-Day Conservation License from $19 to $80, increase 3-Day Combined Conservation/Fishing License to $105, increase the Disabled License from $17 to $100.
Non-Residents of the State of Montana:  Increase annual Conservation License for both age categories from $26 to $100, increase 3-Day Conservation License from $19 to $80, increase 1-Day Combined Conservation /Fishing License to $80, increase 3-Day Conservation/Fishing License to $146, increase Disabled License from $17 to $100.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
CSKT?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Confederated Salish Kootenai Tribes, the Flathead Reservation.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. That makes me glad I don’t go to the rez for anything, especially not fishing, hunting, or camping.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to re-evaluate.  I generally like what the CSKT has done up there.  They buy land, seem to manage it ok, make it accessible for hunting etc.  It's the only area in Western MT with a pheasant population (and a lot of hunters chasing them).

But I'm not going to pay $100 to hunt there a few times a year.  That may be the end of my pheasant hunting and answer the question as to whether or not we are going to get another Weimaraner when Jaeger passes.  

I'd kind of wanted to start fishing for macs and lake superior whitefish again up on Flathead Lake, but I'm not going to pay $100 for that either.  Especially if I have to pony up another $100 so my wife can go for a boat ride once in a while.

We'll find something else to do I guess if this shit passes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow. That makes me glad I don’t go to the rez for anything, especially not fishing, hunting, or camping.
View Quote

Same.

I'll have to make a point to continue the policy of avoiding all reservations at any cost.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll have to re-evaluate.  I generally like what the CSKT has done up there.  They buy land, seem to manage it ok, make it accessible for hunting etc.  It's the only area in Western MT with a pheasant population (and a lot of hunters chasing them).

But I'm not going to pay $100 to hunt there a few times a year.  That may be the end of my pheasant hunting and answer the question as to whether or not we are going to get another Weimaraner when Jaeger passes.  

I'd kind of wanted to start fishing for macs and lake superior whitefish again up on Flathead Lake, but I'm not going to pay $100 for that either.  Especially if I have to pony up another $100 so my wife can go for a boat ride once in a while.

View Quote

Alot of the lake is off the Res.  A straight line from just north of Yellow Bay S.P on the east side across the lake to about the Rollins RV Park off 93 on the west is the boundary.

Plenty of water to fish w/o a tribal license.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I know.  I grew up on the south end of the lake. It's kind of like a second home / favorite spot.  Fishing for kokanee with dad, all that shit.  The north end of the lake is like a featureless desert.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow. That’s a significant increase.

When I use to play there I believe it was $5. You wanted to pay it to because the tribal police seemed to always be on patrol in our little neck of the woods.

Climbed and skied a lot of fun stuff back then.

Link Posted: 12/20/2021 4:10:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are pheasants a little north up in the Flathead Valley. I saw a gigantic rooster the other day from my living room a bit SW of Kalispell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are pheasants a little north up in the Flathead Valley. I saw a gigantic rooster the other day from my living room a bit SW of Kalispell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of pheasants in the bitterroot too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen them out by Big Fork too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top