Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2020 10:12:42 PM EDT
So any healthcare workers on here getting their COVID shot this week?

Looks like I get my jab sometime this week.  Hopefully it doesn’t kill me.  If it does I will let everyone know.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a health care worker... But I don't know that I would want to take a vaccine that was rushed to market.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, but no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a health care worker... But I don't know that I would want to take a vaccine that was rushed to market.
View Quote
Not necessarily "rushed". mRNA vaccines have been researched for the past 30 years. Developing one is pretty simple.  Determining how safe and effective it is still requires 3 stages of clinical trials. Most vaccines and/or drugs fail somewhere in these 3 stages. With these top 2 candidates having a 95% efficacy and no significant safety concerns, this is how we kick Covid's ass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not necessarily "rushed". mRNA vaccines have been researched for the past 30 years. Developing one is pretty simple.  Determining how safe and effective it is still requires 3 stages of clinical trials. Most vaccines and/or drugs fail somewhere in these 3 stages. With these top 2 candidates having a 95% efficacy and no significant safety concerns, this is how we kick Covid's ass.
View Quote

Yep...  but I am sure Oprah will interview someone that says it gave them autism.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep...  but I am sure Oprah will interview someone that says it gave them autism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that is how they will get rid of Pedo Joe, release a statement he got the vaccine and it caused his senility.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
A close friend's daughter is a PHD medical researcher in Houston.  An extremely smart person.  She researches everything and is in contact with others working on the virus.  She is getting the shot this week.  If she is OK I am all in for it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not even get a flu shot.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A close friend's daughter is a PHD medical researcher in Houston.  An extremely smart person.  She researches everything and is in contact with others working on the virus.  She is getting the shot this week.  If she is OK I am all in for it.
View Quote

Can she tell you what the effects are 12 months after injection?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do you apply that to every other aspect of your life, or just vaccines?
View Quote

Huh? What does my question have to do with me?

He said she was PHD, a smart person who researches everything. One would think that would include knowing the side effects.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The potential side effects are listed. One needs to weigh them I guess. The vast majority of people who get covid are barely sick at worst. It nearly killed me. I have no comorbidities. I'm a little fat, no beetus, good BP, heart are good. Good check ups every year. Yet it attacked me hard. If I need the vaccine I'm going to get it. It's real easy for people to separate themselves from how the virus works. I see people all of the time saying " it's no big deal, it's a cold etc etc." It is, until it isn't.

The way I arrived at your question having to with you was the totality of your posts. Your first post was "I don't even get the flu shot". When combined with your next post, it seems pretty clear where you stand on the matter. I just want you to keep in mind, I'm not attacking you or any stance you have on this or any other vaccine. It's your life to with as you please. I just have a hard time grasping why that's so hard for others to do.
View Quote

The risk factors for a flu shot are well known, the risk factors for covid vaccines are not.

Having (fortunately) lived through the failures polio, measles, swine76, dengvaxia, AUS Covid, and many other failed "vaccines" i prefer to know before I go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]
There will be enough doctors and nurses in a few weeks that we'll have a pretty good understanding of what's going on with it without watered down media reports and facebook gossip in a week or two.

Already had my flu shots, had my pneumonia shots a couple of years ago in the hospital.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you a Person of Color?  

Because it is all over WorldStar that Trump paid the Chinese to develop a disease that kills mainly Peoples of Color.

And THEN Trump creates his "Trump Vaccine" and all to finish the job.    

Everyone KNOWS that Trump HATES peoples of color (it's on the TV every three minutes so you know it must be true), so it is only natural that the "Trump Vaccine" will do terrible things to any "Peoples of Color" foolish enough to trust "The Man" yet again.  

But if you are NOT a Person of Color, then the Vaccine knows from your "White Privilege" DNA factors to actually protect you against Covid-19!

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because it is all over WorldStar that Trump paid the Chinese to develop a disease that kills mainly Peoples of Color.

Everyone KNOWS that Trump HATES peoples of color (it's on the TV every three minutes so you know it must be true), so it is only natural that the "Trump Vaccine" will do terrible things to any "Peoples of Color" foolish enough to trust "The Man" yet again.  

But if you are NOT a Person of Color, then the Vaccine knows from your "White Privilege" DNA factors to actually protect you against Covid-19!

View Quote

You know the CIA has to start doing better with these viruses.  They said AIDS was made by Regan to go after black people too.

The way I look at it anyone who said don’t trust Trump for the vaccine should be forced to wait if they want it until after everyone else gets it.  They should also be last in the line for a job and unemployment too as they are the same ones that said everything should be shut down.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does white count as a color? I can't remember where the goal posts are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's not what I'm observing in GD. Same guy will scream "Never Trumper!!!!" and then, "I'm not gettin no vaccine, fuck that!". I'm like, umm, Trump fast tracked the vaccine.
View Quote

Then they should be in the back of the line too.  It’s the same as talking to fatty they has  high blood pressure, diabetes, smokes and eats nothing but fast food.  They were told and understood their lifestyle will kill them.  They refuse to change so my sympathy level is very low for them when I see them in the hospital dying a miserable death or getting a foot amputated. Yes I know some people get the short straw in life and they can’t help it. Those people I feel sorry for.  The ones that do it to themselves I don’t.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You are an Envelope American.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does white count as a color? I can't remember where the goal posts are.

You are an Envelope American.

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Take a rushed-to-market vaccine for a heavily-politicized virus? Thanks but no thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Take a rushed-to-market vaccine for a heavily-politicized virus? Thanks but no thanks
View Quote
I'm not sure why everyone thinks this was "rushed."

You are dealing with a different approach, one that is easier/quicker to make. Regardless, all vaccines and medicines have to go through clinical trials to establish the safety and efficacy of it before it could ever be administered. Even still, it is only authorized for emergency use so far.

There are a lot of people who share the same sentiment: it was rushed and we don't know what the long term effects are. I would challenge anybody that has those 2 thoughts to get familiar with the mechanism of this vaccine and investigate the research, clinical trials, and data surrounding it. An informed decision would be easier to make.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I know a nurse in MT that got her's yesterday... no superpowers or zombie mode yet
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I am working remotely until March, 2021 so I don’t know when I will get a notice from work to come get vaccinated.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Got vaccinated today. Was actually shocked at how many healthcare workers were in line to get it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I do not even get a flu shot.
View Quote

Same here.

I'm not sure if I want to get the covid vaccine yet I would at least like to wait a while.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Our LHD gets the Moderna vaccine on Monday. Dont know how many doses yet.

I don't plan to get it.  mRNA is too new for me, will wait and watch. They don't even know how long immunity from the vaccine will last yet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mRNA has been researched for 30 years, sure. But never administered to humans on a large scale.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's 'the autism'.

It gives them 'the autism'.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can she tell you what the effects are 12 months after injection?
View Quote
I can. You have a developed immune response to Covid-19.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]
So I got my Trump vaccine today.   I did not die, have a seizure, get a superpower or staring wanting to eat brains.   I am not sure if I should be upset nothing happened or happy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's 'the autism'.

View Quote

Well Oprah did have Jenny McCarty on her show and everyone took her seriously.  For some reason when a playboy model that makes her money by showing her tits gives medical advice on Oprah everyone takes it as a fact.  Screw your family doctors that’s a actual man of science .  All advice should come from someone with a 34d not a MD.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Im leaning a hard no on it, I have heard reports to people in other countries testing positive from HIV to getting Bells Palsy from it. I think an older lady died shortly after recieving it. As far as Trump fast tracking it, Im not sure if that was a political move to keep them from labling him as a denier and he was also battling china or to get the democrats off character and be “against” it, since the whole covid lock downs and mask mandates and everything else was their going trend.  Trump after getting covid and also prior to it, told the people of the treatment that would help treat it, if you got it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:11:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well Oprah did have Jenny McCarty on her show and everyone took her seriously.  For some reason when a playboy model that makes her money by showing her tits gives medical advice on Oprah everyone takes it as a fact.  Screw your family doctors that’s a actual man of science .  All advice should come from someone with a 34d not a MD.

View Quote

You say that like I shouldn't get my medical advice from some fluff who's claim to fame is she let others take nekkid pictures of her.

I mean, why would anyone bother to listen to people who spend years in universities studying science & medicine when playboy bunnies can tell them whatever they want to hear?

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have heard reports to people in other countries testing positive from HIV
View Quote

Wow you can get a virus form a vaccine that has no relationship to another virus at all?  

You need to be careful warning other people about that.  Now the black helicopters are going to be following you.  I hope you had your computer wrapped in foil when you made this post as the people that got the vaccine will now have their microchip that was actually placed in them activated and will try to hunt you down.  It will be difficult for them to do it thought now that they have The Autism but the CIA’s mind control rays should help them overcome.

If you need any medical advice let me know.  There is a former playboy model that can help you out as she is an expert on vaccines and knows how to cure The Autism.  Her credentials are excellent.  Oprah has given her stamp of approval along with a guy that even calls himself a Dr.  He goes by the name Phil.  Just don’t let him “cash you outside”.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's 'the autism'.

Yeah, let’s take advice from an airhead that married Jim Carrey. You should take advice on gun control from those two retards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Considered as regular civilian. No choice but to wait and see the effects if there are any.

Have about 4 months to decide.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Considered as regular civilian. No choice but to wait and see the effects if there are any.

Have about 4 months to decide.
View Quote

There is good chance when it’s your turn you will have the option for the Johnson and Johnson version.  It will be a single dose vaccine and no ultra cold storage needed.  If their phase 3 is successful this will most likely be the vaccine that a majority of people get.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Im leaning a hard no on it, I have heard reports to people in other countries testing positive from HIV to getting Bells Palsy from it. I think an older lady died shortly after recieving it. As far as Trump fast tracking it, Im not sure if that was a political move to keep them from labling him as a denier and he was also battling china or to get the democrats off character and be “against” it, since the whole covid lock downs and mask mandates and everything else was their going trend.  Trump after getting covid and also prior to it, told the people of the treatment that would help treat it, if you got it.
View Quote

Where the hell are you getting your "reports"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

He most likely got pieces of data not understanding what he was reading.  A while back there was a article in The NY Times that was reporting on a trial vaccine from some university in Australia.  The vaccine created a few false positives when they tested for HIV.  It was linked back to how the test for HIV was done there I.e. the HIV test Is somewhat sloppy. The decision was made to scrap the vaccine because it would cost to much to make a better HIV test that would cut out false negatives if people use this vaccine candidate.  Their were also other vaccines (the ones we have now) that were much further along and already being successful with stage 2 testing and this candidate had very little chance of being used..   The press also used the same article to tell us how bad things are because Australia “gave up hope on the ability to make a vaccine as it could not be done”.

The OP is a prime example of people reading something that they don’t understand and assuming they know more about science then the scientists.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Or he's getting his "reports" from someone else that didn't understand what they read, or from someone intentionally providing false information to people who increasingly are resistant to thinking for themselves.

Yeah, I know where the Bell's Palsy BS came from, too.  And I'm just a layperson, so find a better source if you want to parrot this, but from what I understand the trials reported an asymmetric incidence of Bell's Palsy.  I don't remember the numbers, but the control group had zero incidents, and the vaccinated group had like 4 incidents.  But those 4 out of thousands of people is lower than the rate of the general population.  It's statistically insignificant.  But they had to report such a drastic difference between the two groups.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Or he's getting his "reports" from someone else that didn't understand what they read, or from someone intentionally providing false information to people who increasingly are resistant to thinking for themselves.

Yeah, I know where the Bell's Palsy BS came from, too.  And I'm just a layperson, so find a better source if you want to parrot this, but from what I understand the trials reported an asymmetric incidence of Bell's Palsy.  I don't remember the numbers, but the control group had zero incidents, and the vaccinated group had like 4 incidents.  But those 4 out of thousands of people is lower than the rate of the general population.  It's statistically insignificant.  But they had to report such a drastic difference between the two groups.
View Quote

Spot on.  

When I was offered the vaccine I was one of the first in line to get it.  We have staff that are asking to have their pictures taken while getting it as they are that happy to know it’s available.  So either a large amount of people in healthcare / science are really stupid for getting it and the anti vaccine people are smart or it’s the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Spot on.  

When I was offered the vaccine I was one of the first in line to get it.  We have staff that are asking to have their pictures taken while getting it as they are that happy to know it’s available.  So either a large amount of people in healthcare / science are really stupid for getting it and the anti vaccine people are smart or it’s the other way around.
View Quote

I don't understand why we listen to people who have studied science for years instead of listening to our buddies from high school who are successful auto mechanics and hairdressers.  They obviously know what's up.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have heard it a couple places when it first came out and then all silent. The same with the HIV positive tests. I honestly don’t remember where, but i have been here alot, some conservative places, not MS media. Either it was false and not true or its true and they shut it down, hence the huge campaign to convince people its safe. Yeah i am a layman and not a scientist, but not convinced they’re on the up&up with us either. Let people make their own choice and dont mandate it, is my position. If they mandate it, i am 100% not trusting it, since I dont trust them. I know Trump has been pushing this, or just that its “great and moving fast” , but i dont know. My gut feeling tells me no, to be honest. Maybe i look for only news that confirms my gut and disgard anything contrary to it, but i am one of many who feels the same way.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have heard it a couple places when it first came out and then all silent. The same with the HIV positive tests. I honestly don’t remember where, but i have been here alot, some conservative places, not MS media. Either it was false and not true or its true and they shut it down, hence the huge campaign to convince people its safe. Yeah i am a layman and not a scientist, but not convinced they’re on the up&up with us either. Let people make their own choice and dont mandate it, is my position. If they mandate it, i am 100% not trusting it, since I dont trust them. I know Trump has been pushing this, or just that its “great and moving fast” , but i dont know. My gut feeling tells me no, to be honest. Maybe i look for only news that confirms my gut and disgard anything contrary to it, but i am one of many who feels the same way.
View Quote

You most likely only looked at a headline and assumed all the information from that.  If you had looked at the article and reviewed it you would not have said what you did.  Google covid V451 vaccine and have your pick of media sources on what was going on.  

You didn’t hear much of it after the first reports because it was an abandoned virus candidate,   There are several abandoned  candidates that you don’t here much about because nothing came from them.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have not seen anyone other than Facebook Karens calling for mandatory vaccinations.
View Quote

Here is what I think you WILL see, and it effectively results in mandatory vaccinations for some folks.  You'll see employers requiring vaccinations before allowing employees to work.  Nurses, cops, teachers, etc...  I haven't seen it yet, but I bet that jobs that require close interaction with other people are going to require the vaccine.  It's not mandatory.  You can skip it.  But if you want to work in one of those positions, you'll have to have it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top