Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2023 10:49:46 AM EDT
Hello neighbors in PA. I have a neice whom lives in PA and has an employment opportunity at a place called "wellspan". York Hospital. They are requiring her to get two COVID shots to hire. She doesn't want that poison. What are her options? What's the best way to go about this, if it's even possible?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Wellspan is going to require it.  Almost all health networks require it here. I do not personally no of any that do not. Unless she has a specialty degree that makes her super valuable, I don't believe she'll have negotiation on their offer.  Take the interview and play the cards.  Worst case is she keeps searching.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigKahuna13:
Wellspan is going to require it.  Almost all health networks require it here. I do not personally no of any that do not. Unless she has a specialty degree that makes her super valuable, I don't believe she'll have negotiation on their offer.  Take the interview and play the cards.  Worst case is she keeps searching.
View Quote

That's what I figured. I let her know what she's up against. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Can’t speak to that specific hospital system but many of them offer exemptions, they just don’t advertise it. Many of these hospitals are still hard up for staff, especially direct patient care roles like nurses. I would advise her to continue through the interview process. If they like her and offer her the job, then she can request the exemption. They bank on people just not wanting the hassle and going ahead and getting the shot. The people I knew that were in her situation stood the line and ended up getting hired with an exemption.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My mom and sister are travel nurses in PA and have maintained vaccine free with religious exemptions. I can't speak to that specific network, but they move around a lot and have no issues working.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: She took the job and the jabs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top