Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/14/2021 6:27:18 PM EDT
when I lived in FC the people downtown are very friendly and personable at the sheriffs office, plus it was always ready within 12 hours.

Now I am in DC and they're complete assholes and said it'll be ready within 45 days. WTF? The big fat dude really hates his job and very weird.  It's a smaller county and I would think less people.

ETA: got it today 12-17, surprised the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used FC three times now and every time has been a breeze with parking being the most difficult issue. The wait times for me have never been longer than 24 hours and the last time I renewed it, they handed me my license immediately after taking my picture. I know multiple people that have used DC and from day one, I've heard nothing but complaints. I know a couple people that had their license take over the 45 day waiting period.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used FC three times now and every time has been a breeze with parking being the most difficult issue. The wait times for me have never been longer than 24 hours and the last time I renewed it, they handed me my license immediately after taking my picture. I know multiple people that have used DC and from day one, I've heard nothing but complaints. I know a couple people that had their license take over the 45 day waiting period.
View Quote
that sucks, i should've went downtown again in FCSO, you're right the parking is a PITA, and walking past a few bums too
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m in Union county, haven’t had to renew mine since moving here but I know of new applicants that received theirs in less than a week. I doubt Marysville is too far of a drive for you
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
45 days? WTF, that must be the maximum allowed by state law.

No adjacent counties with in-and-out service? At Lake County you walk out with the CHL.

Unless you're like the one guy in line ahead of me who had several charges that turned up when they did the background check
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I used FC since the very beginning.. never an issue always in and out same day..
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
45 days? WTF, that must be the maximum allowed by state law.

No adjacent counties with in-and-out service? At Lake County you walk out with the CHL.

Unless you're like the one guy in line ahead of me who had several charges that turned up when they did the background check
View Quote
I learned my lesson, I thought DC would be even easier, I was wrong. I can tell they don't like people like us as we're not professional enough judging by his attitude.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Really?  When I got my chl at DC 2 years back I walked out with mine that day.  Are they not printing the cards there or something?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really?  When I got my chl at DC 2 years back I walked out with mine that day.  Are they not printing the cards there or something?
View Quote

Same here but five years ago.  They handed me mine same appointment and could not have been nicer.   I have an appointment at the end of the month to renew.   I guess I will report back.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same here but five years ago.  They handed me mine same appointment and could not have been nicer.   I have an appointment at the end of the month to renew.   I guess I will report back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Covid has changed it all probably, the location is the same one where the jail is connected and out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad to hear about Delaware. My last two renewals were through them. I hate downtown CBus. :/
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Just did my renewal at Delaware County a month ago, and received it in mail 2 days later.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Weird, I've had no trouble in Delaware, my last one they had the renewal processed before I left.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I had my appointment today.  No issues.  All transactions completed thur the security window.  

He did say he would mail it after the background check cleared.   In and out in about 6 minutes total.   Same place as before, the sheriff office/county jail.  

I will update when I receive the permit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Delaware county, but I went to Morrow to get my renewal.  No appointment necessary.  Super friendly.  The problem with Delaware county is the person doing the background checks.  I had to get a background check for something else and he was not friendly then either.

The time it takes to get the license back depends on how many counties you have lived in and how well they process background checks.

I got mine back in a couple days.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had my appointment today.  No issues.  All transactions completed thur the security window.  

He did say he would mail it after the background check cleared.   In and out in about 6 minutes total.   Same place as before, the sheriff office/county jail.  

I will update when I receive the permit.
View Quote

Update - I received my permit in the mail today.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top