Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2018 10:47:19 AM EDT
Anyone gone through the renewal lately?  Instructor sent in my packet a month and a half ago and still waiting.  Currently expired. And of course I really need it right now too.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here. I sent mine in 8 weeks prior. I’m now 10 days past expiration with status “still pending”.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same here. I sent mine in 8 weeks prior. I’m now 10 days past expiration with status “still pending”.
View Quote
Good grief.

The guy I talked to yesterday told me I could probably still CC but needed to check with the local prosecutor first.

I thought that was a moot issue at this point since Leslie Rutledge shared her opinion a few years back??
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine needed to be renewed by early January this year and I did mine about a month before expiration.  I filed over the internet (for the first time) and received my PIN number.  Then I went to Arkansas Armory and qualified.  They filled out their paperwork along with my PIN and faxed it in to the ASP.  I had my new permit in 10 days.

Best of luck folks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine needed to be renewed by early January this year and I did mine about a month before expiration.  I filed over the internet (for the first time) and received my PIN number.  Then I went to Arkansas Armory and qualified.  They filled out their paperwork along with my PIN and faxed it in to the ASP.  I had my new permit in 10 days.

Best of luck folks.
View Quote
Dang.  I filed over the internet and I've faxed and emailed my qualification in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dang.  I filed over the internet and I've faxed and emailed my qualification in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck folks.
Same here. Did it all online and my instructor sent it in electronically too. Still stuck on background check
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I just changed status to pending background check.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just changed status to pending background check.
View Quote
Good luck!  LOL

I'm still pending a background check too
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What sucks is my other half submitted hers about a month after mine and she had a background pending two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Took about 5 weeks to get mine renewed. I faxed my paperwork, but ended up hand delivering it to the state police headquarters. Status changed to waiting for background check after hand delivery.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good grief.

The guy I talked to yesterday told me I could probably still CC but needed to check with the local prosecutor first.

I thought that was a moot issue at this point since Leslie Rutledge shared her opinion a few years back??
View Quote
Who told you you could probably carry?    ASP?

Also remember Rutledge's opinion only said you could "Open Carry" without a permit.    She still "opinioned" you needed a permit to conceal carry.  Not that we agree.

At this time she has a request in submitted by a sitting Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, to state the statute requiring a permit to carry concealed.  The request was submitted in January and we're still waiting.

We can't find a PA who will actually prosecute.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Had to renew mine in March of this year.  Statute states you can renew no earlier than 3 months before expiration date.  Went online Jan 1 (was also told it must be the same calendar year) and paid and received my PIN.  I then re-qualified and instructor submitted paperwork.  On the week it was set to expire, I went down to the ASP and asked what the hold-up was, and whether they could perform the background check while I was present since it was going to expire and it was their fault.  I was told that they don't do that, I should've filed earlier, and that it takes a minimum of 120 days to renew.  I finally received mine just over a month later.

So, you can only renew 90 days in advance, but it takes them 120.  They are actively forcing your permit to expire.  This is criminal, and needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Girlfriend's went approved, in the mail, today.  She filed in April.  I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
When it came time to renew I said to hell with getting it from AR. I contacted AZ and got one from them for 60 bucks for 5 years. Total time was 6 business days from mailbox to license in hand. To renew its only 40 for 5 years.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]
January 31 file date.  April 16 expiration date.  Received my renewed license in the mail yesterday.  Shows a renewal date of, you guessed it, April 16.  So they juiced me for over two months of carry time as well as a five month wait.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Be advised, guys:  if I log in and track my CHCL renewal, it shows it was approved on the expiration date.  That wasn't the case at all.  I would strongly encourage anyone going through the renewal process to grab screen shots as things progress because ASP systems are going to show that they did everything on time and proper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I will be going through the process starting early next month.   I'm going to begin the process at the earliest opportunity at 90 days out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I finally got mine the first weekend of June.  Took a little over 80 days between instructor emailing packet in and getting the license.

Most of that time was stuck on background search.

What's funny is that in May I had to send in a background check to the ASP for a home study and it got turned around within a couple of weeks I believe.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who told you you could probably carry?    ASP?

Also remember Rutledge's opinion only said you could "Open Carry" without a permit.    She still "opinioned" you needed a permit to conceal carry.  Not that we agree.

At this time she has a request in submitted by a sitting Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, to state the statute requiring a permit to carry concealed.  The request was submitted in January and we're still waiting.

We can't find a PA who will actually prosecute.
View Quote
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Any update on this?
View Quote
As a matter of fact....YES!

AGs Opinion in PDF

Pay attention to the first paragraph.   The rest of her opinion is just bunk.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

AGs Opinion in PDF

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update on this?

AGs Opinion in PDF

Nice. Thank you
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#22]
To update this topic:

I mailed my renewal to the ASP around the 13th of August.  I had already prepaid back in June(or maybe July).   I'm away from home but checking the ASP site it shows my license/renewal was issued already.   So basically 2 weeks for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
To update this topic:

I mailed my renewal to the ASP around the 13th of August.  I had already prepaid back in June(or maybe July).   I'm away from home but checking the ASP site it shows my license/renewal was issued already.   So basically 2 weeks for me.
View Quote

I wonder if they started the process back when you paid in June and they were just waiting on your paperwork?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I sent mine back in early October with an expiration of 28 October. Had the new license in my hand before the expiration.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I sent mine back in early October with an expiration of 28 October. Had the new license in my hand before the expiration.
View Quote
Did you fax, email, or snail mail?  Curious.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I just did a renewal with an upgrade to the enhanced license. I had my new license within 10 business days. I was pretty amazed!
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just did a renewal with an upgrade to the enhanced license. I had my new license within 10 business days. I was pretty amazed!
View Quote
Yeah, now that we have case law saying a permit is not needed I expect the ASP's attitude may change since their overpriced revenue stream is being threatened and we may see better service.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, now that we have case law saying a permit is not needed I expect the ASP's attitude may change since their overpriced revenue stream is being threatened and we may see better service.
View Quote
I doubt it will happen.  One thing that does need to happen is someone needs to file a lawsuit against the costs of the permit especially with a state agency making money off the extra proceeds.  Even a Class Action lawsuit.   This is really a Legislative issue they should correct.  But probably won't happen either.   Looks like the Governor is already looking for more tax increases to fund his agenda.   The people got what they voted for.

The ASP has a federal lawsuit coming up in May of next year.   We'll see how that one goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top