Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2021 9:31:48 AM EDT
I finally got around to switching my CCW to Florida about 90 days ago. Apparently there is a backup in the Capital and Nikki Fried is taking her sweet old time with this process.

I am currently renting in St Johns County waiting for my home to be built, and the land lord has decided they want to sell the house so we need to vacate.

My question is this: since I applied in St Johns county and i have not yet seen final approval, if I move in August will that effect my permit process if they see that I switched counties? I think I understood the permit to me issues by the State, but I wanted to be sure this wouldn't screw me by switching addresses AD counties in the middle of the process.

Anyone have any definitive answers on this?
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It should not. I would just let the process work it’s way through the system. They should forward it to your new address. Once you get it change your address with the department of ag.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It should not. I would just let the process work it's way through the system. They should forward it to your new address. Once you get it change your address with the department of ag.

Dan
View Quote

What Dan said. You can do the address change right on their web site.

Might be worth a call to their office to see if they want your new mailing address. It's possible they send the license "Do not forward. "
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Might be worth a call to their office to see if they want your new mailing address. It's possible they send the license "Do not forward. "
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It should not. I would just let the process work it's way through the system. They should forward it to your new address. Once you get it change your address with the department of ag.

Dan

Ok good call. I'll need to update them.

I find it strange that they take this long though, as I understand the ability to carry in FL has the same criteria as the ability to purchase in FL which I have done several times. I did get delayed my first purchase in state which I chronicled in an earlier thread, but since then FDLE has processed me almost immediately.

Aside from the 3 day wait, I haven't had an issue
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok good call. I'll need to update them.

I find it strange that they take this long though, as I understand the ability to carry in FL has the same criteria as the ability to purchase in FL which I have done several times. I did get delayed my first purchase in state which I chronicled in an earlier thread, but since then FDLE has processed me almost immediately.

Aside from the 3 day wait, I haven't had an issue
View Quote

The checks are not "exactly" the same.

A NICS check simply attempts to match you name with a data base of prohibited purchasers.  No finger prints.

IIRC the check for the FLCWFL includes an FBI search for a finger print match with a data base of prohibited purchaser's prints. I understand that sometimes the delay is at the FBI end.

I have had students that received there card in two weeks.  I have had students that waited over 90 days.  I think the dept of ag is still in a catch up mode from the large number of applicants over the last 18 months.

Don't stress, but I do think a phone call, as to whether they want you new address now, or after the license has been issued is in order.

As an instructor I have talked to the people at the dept of ag more than a few times.  They have always been friendly,  I'm not always sure their answers are correct, but they have always been nice and I have always been happy that I made the phone call.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW - by statute they have 90 days to issue or deny based on grounds that you fail to qualify. If denied they have to send a letter stating grounds for denial.

Might be worth a call anyway if you don’t get it soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top