Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2021 8:43:26 AM EDT
My license expires in November. Checked 3 closest counties. This schedule an appointment business is garbage. No problem renewing a month out in 2016.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you could go to any county for the duration of the pandemonium. Or did that temporary rule expire already ?

Yes, it’s garbage that appointments are not available until February.  I don’t mind the idea of an appointment per se as long as they are available within a week. Ugh.

Maybe your state senator, state representative, governor, Ohio AG, Buckeye Firearms Association, and others need to hear this too.

If they refuse to process CHL licenses in a timely manner then that’s an argument for concealed constitutional carry.

There’s no built-in time limit in the law for accepting or processing applications.  That needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't speak to your area, but I just kept checking the online scheduler until I saw a cancellation. I got into Wayne county within a week and walked out same day with the card.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Willing to go to the 3 closest counties, Warren County

New and Renewal CCW applications are processed by appointment only, Monday through Friday 9AM – 3PM. Appointments can only be scheduled 90 days in advance. Renewals of Warren County CCW licenses may be processed at any adjoining county.
View Quote

Butler County

Question: What happens if I can’t get an appointment before my license expires?  

Hide Answer
If your license expires between March 9, 2020 and December 1, 2020 you have a 90 day grace period or until June 30, 2021, whichever is later due to the pandemic. For any other dates you have the usual 30 day grace period.
If the grace period has passed, you cannot conceal carry until you get the license renewed and it is in your possession.

Please allow 45 days for processing although this is not typical. Please do not call to check the status of your license during this time.
View Quote

Shit's pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
We really need to push for constitional carry.  No reason for government failures and shortcomings to encumber daily activities.  Many other states stop issuing purchase permits during the pandemic.  They've been sued over it. But that's not a solution.  Eliminate the requirements.  Period.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, the extension is over.

Well, the state or governor (?) could extend it again, and while they’re at it require timely appointments and processing by sheriffs, or just allow concealed constitutional carry.

Start making phone calls.

Is an Ohio resident allowed to use an out of state license, e.g., Florida, for carrying a concealed handgun in Ohio ?

There isn’t another county adjacent to yours ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot Clermont Co. is adjacent, so was able to get a late November appointment there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you called yet? I believe they are saying that you can't get an appointment MORE than 90 days out. I doubt it takes that long.

Nevermind, I see you got your answer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I went through this earlier in the year. Started looking for appointments in February. Got one for June 30
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went through this earlier in the year. Started looking for appointments in February. Got one for June 30
View Quote
WTF? I guess I'd better take a look at mine for exp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect storm. Because of COVID they greatly reduced the number of appointments per day to limit the number of people in the office at any one time.
But there has also been a huge increase in the number of gun owners.
Combine them and you get a big backlog and a huge PITA if your renewal was up
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit. I have a reminder for 90 days out for next year, but I guess I better schedule earlier for Delaware or Franklin.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank goodness for this thread. Mine is up in December, just got my appointment schedule. I would have forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Try Preble County
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I had an appointment to renew in Ashland county back in December.  When I walked up to the window to turn in my paperwork, no one asked me what day or time my appointment was for.  
I definitely could’ve gone there without any appointment and they would’ve processed my renewal.  No questions asked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#15]
After all the CCW renewal threads, I thought I'd better check mine, oops, expired in 2019

Anyway, I've been pulled over at least 2 times in the last 2 years, notified the cops that I was carrying, told to "slow down".  

I don't know that the expiration even matters, but I did renew mine last week in Erie County.  

I do also have a current AZ permit.  

I've been pulled over a bunch since getting my CCW and have only gotten one ticket, 71 in a 55.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top