Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 6:58:21 PM EDT
While Washington is (for the moment) a state where signs hold no rule of law, but there is a vast gulf in the practical application of security processes that will actually detect a CCW. For example, for my last anniversary I took my wife to a sunset display at the Space Needle, and while the website proclaims “No CCW, but there are lockers available for safekeeping”, they didn’t even ask much less actively check so it was definitely “what you don’t know won’t hurt me”. Conversely, we went to see Jim Brewer at the Neptune Theater recently, and while I walked in with a Glock 17 2 years ago to see Kevin Smith, now they have installed metal detectors. Again, it’s a policy, not a law, so when snagged by metal detectors for a Glock, I went back to the vehicle and swapped it out for a Kel-Tec .380 carried behind a belt buckle and some social lies to get in.

The Museum of Pop Culture clearly indicates a similar policy and I was wondering if anyone had some recent actual experience as to if it was lax or not, and what you can actually carry inside.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Law or not, if it’s private property, the owner can make their  own rules or just don’t frequent that venue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Law or not, if it’s private property, the owner can make their  own rules or just don’t frequent that venue.
View Quote
That doesn't really answer my question.  But, for the sake of conversation, if it's not backed by the force of law, then I'm just as free to ignore the policy and carry concealed.  As long as the private property owner doesn't know, then their delicate sensibilities are intact.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I went a year or two ago and there was absolutely no security whatsoever
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Been to the museum, needle, kids park and all around that place over the last 20yrs. Carried every time. No issues. Always had my eye out for whether they started doing metal detectors/pat downs but that hasen't happened yet.

Fuck'em. Concealed is concealed.

Here's some quick web searches for you. Double check the RCWs concerning it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top