User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I also sent a polite email a week or so ago, and received a polite email in return last week.  My application is definitely there and not lost, and not as long-pending as riscolonel's!  The email expected that it would go quickly if the background check didn't turn up anything suspect.  I think I lead a boring life, so . . .
View Quote

Update:  
-renewal application submitted on/about 02/07/2022.
In addition to the email mentioned in the post quoted above,
-email sent to DPS on/about 06-22-2022, just under 30 days from when I last heard from them.
-Received reply on 07/05/2022 saying that my background check had just cleared and card was going out in that day's mail.
-Permit card arrived today, 07/09/2022.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess slacking paid off.  

Ccw expired by about 6 months.
Mailed in a new application with the $60 as well as sent in my old card on 6/4.
Got my new cards 6/28.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not sure if this will help or make the back log worse.  I got this from ACDL:

SB 1177 requires the Department of Public Safety to send a renewal reminder notice and renewal application to holders of concealed weapons permits at least 60 days before the expiration date of a permit. Many of you have contacted AzCDL this year regarding problems with permit renewals and we are hopeful that this measure will reduce problems for those of you that maintain a permit.
View Quote

The Governor already signed it into law.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That just adds one more thing for the already over worked and under staffed CCW Unit...which won't speed anything up.

FYI, if you show up in person the the CCW Unit and submit your paperwork, word on the street is they can accept payment via cash or credit card and start processing your paperwork immediately...I haven't confirmed this, but I've heard it from multiple people.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
First application dropped off at post office today.

We'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First application dropped off at post office today.

We'll see how long it takes.
View Quote

Permit showed up in mail today. 9 days since submission.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Submitted a renewal July 6 for a late September expiration.  Received renewal 2 weeks later. Looks like renewals are now being handled expediently.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Submitted Feb, Apr exp, still nothing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top