Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 8:53:50 AM EDT
I have a CCW. Am I allowed to mount a loaded gun in a holster underneath the dash that cannot be seen by anyone outside the vehicle but still within arms reach?
Or if it’s not “on my person” does it need to be within a case (center console etc). This gun would stay in the vehicle as I already CCW another gun so it will not be unholstered to move back and forth.

I would not plan on moving it from under the dash each time I got out of the car either. I’d prefer it to stay down there as long as it’s all legal

Edit: may have found my answer. Appears that leaving it in a holster while not in the vehicle would be illegal. While Leaving one loaded in a container within a locked vehicle would be legal. “Under the Illinois law, concealed carry licensees are permitted to carry a concealed firearm on or about their person within a vehicle and to store a firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view.”
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It is legal to leave it hidden to outside loaded within a locked vehicle in IL.

Mike
IllinnoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mike
IllinnoisCarry.com
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mike
IllinnoisCarry.com
View Quote

Appreciate it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top