Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2020 10:53:09 PM EDT
https://www.koaa.com/news/news5-investigates/el-paso-sheriff-not-following-governors-guidance-for-issuing-temporary-concealed-carry-permits

It’s a bad day when a Dem Governor is saying to issue carry permits and our local sheriff tells us to fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, they offered up some pretty lame excuses for not complying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Update

“EL PASO COUNTY — The El Paso County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday that it will begin resuming concealed handgun permit appointments on May 11.

This announcement comes just one week after News 5 Investigates reported that the sheriff's office had abruptly stopped accepting new permit applications during the Coronavirus.”
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always had great interactions with the folks in the office who handle the program, including renewals and an address-change.   But it did take about the full 90 days to renew recently, which is longer than I remember from before.

I was getting antsy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top