Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2021 2:43:35 PM EDT
Drinking a G&T in Delta lounge, headed to Estes Park for a week of fly fishing and hiking.

Bringing a J frame with gold dots.

what is the scoop on cc in that area?

My AL permit is gtg in CO.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Aside for Denver proper, you will be fine and I wouldn’t worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you blow a .000001 on a breathalyzer in CO and have your concealed carry piece on you. you get a chance to enjoy the inside of a jail.

Not that I approve myself, but its against the law to drink even a sip of alcohol when you have your CC.  Nothing.  Not "DUI" levels.  0.  

I'm not aware of anyone who wasn't being a douchebag getting nailed....but I wouldn't want to be an out of towner in Estes Park with a CC and alcohol on my breath.  

Quoted:
Drinking a G&T in Delta lounge, headed to Estes Park for a week of fly fishing and hiking.

Bringing a J frame with gold dots.

what is the scoop on cc in that area?

My AL permit is gtg in CO.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you blow a .000001 on a breathalyzer in CO and have your concealed carry piece on you. you get a chance to enjoy the inside of a jail.

Not that I approve myself, but its against the law to drink even a sip of alcohol when you have your CC.  Nothing.  Not "DUI" levels.  0.  

I'm not aware of anyone who wasn't being a douchebag getting nailed....but I wouldn't want to be an out of towner in Estes Park with a CC and alcohol on my breath.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can you show me the relevant sections of Colorado Revised Statues that state this? I'm not trying to be a dick, but from the experts I've consulted with, Colorado is extremely vague about CCW and Alcohol. The only section of CRS that addresses this is 18-12-106, which states...

The person has in his or her possession a firearm while the person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or of a controlled substance, as defined in section 18-18-102 (5). Possession of a permit issued under section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or possession of a permit or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article is no defense to a violation of this subsection (1).

What "under the influence" is exactly, is not defined in the statues.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Can you show me the relevant sections of Colorado Revised Statues that state this? I'm not trying to be a dick, but from the experts I've consulted with, Colorado is extremely vague about CCW and Alcohol. The only section of CRS that addresses this is 18-12-106, which states...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The person has in his or her possession a firearm while the person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or of a controlled substance, as defined in section 18-18-102 (5). Possession of a permit issued under section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or possession of a permit or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article is no defense to a violation of this subsection (1).

Actually, it is. Precedence is set for "under the influence" with DUI, with per se being a .08 or higher. That said, it's an extremely vague law which is far to open to interpretation. I read it as too drunk to drive, too drunk to carry, but not all of us think that way
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually, it is. Precedence is set for "under the influence" with DUI, with per se being a .08 or higher. That said, it's an extremely vague law which 8s far to open to interpretation. I read it as too drunk to drive, too drunk to carry, but not all of us think that way
View Quote

Of the lawyers and LE officers who I've consulted with regarding that section of CRS, everyone seems to interpret it differently.  Some see it the same way you do, the limit is .08.  Others offer the opinion that the statue means the person is not of a sober mind per se and not dependent on a BAC.

Personally I advice people to either not drink at all while carrying, or if they do, limit it to 1 beer with a meal.

Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
The things a Boulder police officer will dump you in the kitty for are probably very very different than the things a Greeley PD guy would.  

Its open to interpretation.  That's the problem.  

The phrase "under the influence of" could mean just about anything.  The advice we give is "if you have any detectable amount as determined by a breathalyzer or blood test."

AKA - don't drink anything while you are carrying.  Hostility towards CCW holders, drummed up by our "elites" is a VERY real situation.  

I'm also going to say - get some carry insurance.

Its pretty nice to have a free legal team show up to your court day and clearly message to the power abusers that they are going to have to do real work this time.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thx for the advice.
I never drink and carry, so that takes care of that vagueness.

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thx for the advice.
I never drink and carry, so that takes care of that vagueness.

View Quote

dumbass, you're the one that started the entire discussion with "drinking a G&T...."

first, nobody gives a crap what you're drinking or where you're drinking it.  

Yet, now you have posts here about boozing and carrying for that reason--because you thought you'd be cool and tell us about your mainly drink that's mostly consumed by old jewish ladies playing mahjong.  

bravo, buddy.  bravo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top