Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2020 12:07:13 PM EDT
UPDATE:  Canceled. Enjoy your weekend!

Our next hike will be in a couple of weeks, the day before Mother's Day.  This should give people enough time to work it in to their schedule.

Who:  Louisville-area members of the American Pioneer Corps organization
What:  6+ mile hike
Where:  Beckley Creek Park (1850 Beckley Creek Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40245)
When: 1:00 PM on 09 May 2020 (Eastern Time Zone)
Why:  To improve mental and physical fitness through group activity

We'll start this ruck at Beckley Creek Park, but take a different route than we've done in the past.  I'll post route details later, but our start / finish will be in Beckley Creek Park.

If you've got any questions, feel free to Instant Message me.  This hike is open to anyone who meets the APC rules for participation, found here.

As with all APC events, we will NOT be participating in any partisan political talk or activity while conducting the ruck march.

Look forward to seeing y'all there!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
So, even if I don't pack a "full" ruck, I can still attend this one, correct? It would be nice to meet other arfcomrs...
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
BUMP
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kiju:
So, even if I don't pack a "full" ruck, I can still attend this one, correct? It would be nice to meet other arfcomrs... 
View Quote

Correct!

We'll take a slightly different path than the last few times we've been at Beckley Creek Park, but the start / end point will remain the same.

If you use the street address found in the first post, it should put you in the parking lot where we will all be meeting up.

We’ll be staying on concrete for the entire hike.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So, the one with the large black/blue "silo" over to the left behind a "gate" at the far end of the little short parking lot? There is a bicycle repair rack just behind and to the left of the bench under the awning.

EDIT- So, rally point is on the SOUTH side of the circle, where as I was describing up at the Shelbyville rd entrance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kiju:
So, the one with the large black/blue "silo" over to the left behind a "gate" at the far end of the little short parking lot? There is a bicycle repair rack just behind and to the left of the bench under the awning.

EDIT- So, rally point is on the SOUTH side of the circle, where as I was describing up at the Shelbyville rd entrance. 
View Quote

South of the circle, yes.

Drive south past the water fountain (which will be on your right) and just past the soccer fields. We’ll meet up in the soccer field parking lot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
This Saturday. Hmmm 1pm isn’t horrible neither.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Copy, and, thanks.

EDIT for Update- Looks like I will have to bow out on this, Gentlemen. My wife is wanting to go look for a replacement vehicle on Saturday. I thank you for the info, Boost, and hopefully, I can catch up with everyone at a future time.
Apologies,
Kiju
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I get a head count of all that plan on attending tomorrow, please?

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#9]
It looks like this one was going to have a low turnout. I’m going to cancel and reschedule for another time.

Hope y’all enjoy your weekends!
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry I didn’t keep up with the thread. Anything 1pm and past is 9 times out of 10 is usually a go for me. However next Sunday we’re going back to work. We went up to scottsburg and did that walk. It was gorgeous out today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top