Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 1:49:43 AM EDT
FRANKLIN ARMORY® CA7™ California

https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/california-approved-pistols

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

Franklin ArmoryPistol SKU 3130-BLK / SteelPistol7.5"5.56 NATO (.223 Remington)1/1/19
Franklin ArmorySE-SSP SKU 3125-BLK / SteelPistol10.25" Bull Barrel5.56 NATO1/1/19
Franklin ArmorySE-SSP SKU 3125-PNK / SteelPistol10.25" Bull Barrel5.56 NATO1/1/19

https://www.facebook.com/franklin.armory/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARA-qRGwPWsytDpZTGabf3V2HG6ldS-OyuuB91YvLAYBTDAOHKKCEvH8avduU-XyBER8XuIa32igreXs&hc_ref=ARSC-uopW2UUoVPZLabICTQaGIp78sSWJcDt4oDzSP7Dd5wI_rzyfOzB5Ji5kWQE6j4&__xts__[0]=68.ARBXFNxs5AVXPBGqIpPslfUIFsgqRvm4mgUrW3hyVdfaHa4zX0H0m990feoEQQNAZ4452wQSC7VxgHqGFOMc6LPJITiA90TRHe0mn-d21oUFYFPF0H2-P-oE2F9J7Qg2v8YAhL9YalDES-IA4WmoIY5wQPTinrARnFOL-uUllKHVvJoEufyV_K3u5ERtVdKQeuxTuM8IFZYnJAiHTmk0FU5jvWhdzaBp9IiRmbF3XUjtRSV9VAZuYnukr0ezy3kLCg
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
GET THEM BEFORE GRABBIN-  GAVIN DOES
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
For $940 they could atleast put some sights on it...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For $940 they could atleast put some sights on it...
View Quote
I agree - but they are the only game in town  for now
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#4]
To be approved it requires a chamber indicator and a microstamp.

Unless these were approved before the laws
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't get it.

It looks to be an assault pistol - barrel shroud, magazine outside the pistol grip, threaded barrel.

It took separate legislation to allow Olympic-style 22LR pistols just because they all have a magazine outside the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To be approved it requires a chamber indicator and a microstamp.

Unless these were approved before the laws
View Quote
Apparently repeaters are exempt from that requirement.  This pistol is a repeater; it is not self-loading.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/11/21/new-for-2019-franklin-armory-ca7-ar-pistol/
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODcC2FocX-g
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
So it's a "bolt" action.  Our British friends have some pretty slick single shot designs.

eta Southern Gun Company lever release.  Lantac straight pull.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So it's a "bolt" action. Our British friends have some pretty slick single shot designs.

eta Southern Gun Company lever release. Lantac straight pull.
View Quote
Are those lever releases legal here or even possible to get our hands onto?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are those lever releases legal here or even possible to get our hands onto?
View Quote
I don't know but I don't see how they would be technically illegal under CA law.  They make reactive rules, we adapt.  Life Innovation finds a way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

It looks to be an assault pistol - barrel shroud, magazine outside the pistol grip, threaded barrel.

It took separate legislation to allow Olympic-style 22LR pistols just because they all have a magazine outside the pistol grip.
View Quote
Its a single shot (each round must be charged manually from the charging handle) and cannot be made to be semi-auto. No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its a single shot (each round must be charged manually from the charging handle) and cannot be made to be semi-auto. No thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

How cannot it not be made semi-auto?  Just swap uppers, or swap barrels to include one with a gas tube, after locking the magazine as required by law.  Done.  Or, I supposed, you can drill the barrel, install a gas block and tube, etc.

There is no law against it.  DOJ has tried to create uncertainty over the matter, particularly with respect to pistols built or purchased using the single shot exemption, as a means of discouragement, but there is nothing in the law that actually prohibits it nor has DOJ actually said they consider it illegal, much less something they'd prosecute.  You'd have to utilize an absurd definition of "manufacture" to have anything actionable (under such a definition, replacing parts on an existing gun would be "manufacturing"), although even then, the wording means that if you did the "manufacturing" while, say, on a trip to AZ, the law would not apply and it's not illegal to possess "unsafe" firearms.

The price is really my only issue.  It's high enough for me to still be willing to consider all of the BS involved in going the SSE route.  But when you're the only game in town, it tends to mean that you can set the price.  If you want it for CCW, and the agency does not prohibit rifle-calibre firearms from being listed but does prohibit off-roster firearms from being listed (although I think most agencies prohibiting the latter will prohibit the former), it's the only way to go.

Also, repeaters are not considered single-shot by CA (nor are they objectively such, either).  Single shot firearms require reloading after each shot.  This does not, unless you install a sled or "0-shot magazine" like you would for a SSE build.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How cannot it not be made semi-auto?  Just swap uppers, or swap barrels to include one with a gas tube, after locking the magazine as required by law.  Done.  Or, I supposed, you can drill the barrel, install a gas block and tube, etc.

There is no law against it.  DOJ has tried to create uncertainty over the matter, particularly with respect to pistols built or purchased using the single shot exemption, as a means of discouragement, but there is nothing in the law that actually prohibits it nor has DOJ actually said they consider it illegal, much less something they'd prosecute.  You'd have to utilize an absurd definition of "manufacture" to have anything actionable (under such a definition, replacing parts on an existing gun would be "manufacturing"), although even then, the wording means that if you did the "manufacturing" while, say, on a trip to AZ, the law would not apply and it's not illegal to possess "unsafe" firearms.

The price is really my only issue.  It's high enough for me to still be willing to consider all of the BS involved in going the SSE route.  But when you're the only game in town, it tends to mean that you can set the price.  If you want it for CCW, and the agency does not prohibit rifle-calibre firearms from being listed but does prohibit off-roster firearms from being listed (although I think most agencies prohibiting the latter will prohibit the former), it's the only way to go.

Also, repeaters are not considered single-shot by CA (nor are they objectively such, either).  Single shot firearms require reloading after each shot.  This does not, unless you install a sled or "0-shot magazine" like you would for a SSE build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Cannot be made to shoot semi-auto unless you swap uppers. Obviously. But then its no longer ca legal now is it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cannot be made to shoot semi-auto unless you swap uppers. Obviously. But then its no longer ca legal now is it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

If you read my post, you'd see that I state the contrary.  There is nothing CA illegal about swapping uppers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you read my post, you'd see that I state the contrary.  There is nothing CA illegal about swapping uppers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Sure, nothing illegal about swapping uppers, until you've manufactured an "assault weapon" by California standards.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure, nothing illegal about swapping uppers, until you've manufactured an "assault weapon" by California standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Sure, but it can be swapped with a semi-auto upper with a fixed-mag setup; the contention to which I'm responding is that it is a uniformly illegal act, which it is not.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top