Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2023 6:38:52 PM EDT
Since I can no longer shoot coyotes with lead shotgun loads, I am searching for recommendations from folks with CA coyote experience.

It took me a while to settle on shotgun loads for coyotes back when there were no restrictions.

The experience showed my that selecting a 12 GA shotgun load that kills quickly wasn't trivial.

I spend time with by Best Man where we will team up rifle and shotgun.

As a result, we postponed dealing with the shotgun load replacement but it has circled back around to time to figure this one out again.

I was happy with Hornady's Heavy Magnum Coyote which was nickel plated lead BB 3".

Those were developed in a collaboration with Les Johnson of Predator Quest fame and I thought they worked well, even out past 40 yards.

Does anyone have a favorite no-lead 12 GA load that they would recommend, 2 3/4 or Magnum, factory or load recipe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top