Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2021 11:51:47 PM EDT
Looks like I’m heading up there to do some work in the middle of August. I’m not going to drag up the TT because it’s just a 2-5 week job. Where would be the best place to look for a hotel and good mom and pop restaurants?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked into Byers at all? There ain’t a whole lot going on there my friend. The nearest place that may have a hotel would be Strasburg I believe. And to be honest I’m not sure there’s a hotel there. Strasburg has grown a bit since I lived there 35 years ago but it’s still a small town. Pretty much any restaurant you find out there is gonna be a mom and pop place I would imagine.

If you don’t mind a bit of a drive there are way more options in the eastern burbs of Denver (Aurora) or even by the airport. Again though that’s gonna be a pretty good drive.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You might re-think bringing that TT.  Not much out in Byers besides a small motel, small gas station, and High Plains Raceway.  Long-ish drive from Denver.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
There used to be decent mom and pop café south of the interstate.  Small and the only place in town the last time l went through.  About 6 years ago.

There was one other café north of the interchange previous to that that had a motel attached but it was closed.  Nor sure if that includes the motel or not.  

Then again both could be reopened by now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
https://mayfarms.com/dinner/

there's also a snackbar in the general store with chicken, subs, and pizza.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top