Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2021 11:52:50 PM EDT
I am 95% sure that I will be buying a side by side UTV or whatever they are called next year in time for summer. I live in Summerset- Rapid City area. Any recommendations for brands/models and dealers? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Polaris rzr 1000 xp. Turbo if you have the cash. If you need actual utility, get a general as it has a utility bed but is exactly the same otherwise as an rzr. 2 seat or 4 seat is a matter of preference but supposedly the 4 seat is better balanced for air time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of the trails in the black hills have a width restriction. I think its 60". So if you plan on taking it on a lot of trails you will need the narrow "trail" version of the UTV's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hking:
A lot of the trails in the black hills have a width restriction. I think its 60". So if you plan on taking it on a lot of trails you will need the narrow "trail" version of the UTV's.
View Quote

Yes, I do plan on riding in the Black Hills, good to know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You can rent 1000's and turbos at Adventure Rentals right outside of Hill City and many other places as well I'm sure - I just really like that place. Can try before you buy to make sure it's what you really want. And holy crap is it fun to romp around on their machines knowing you have insurance
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: b_saan] [#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They "do" but they really don't, you're not going to have any issues with a 64" UTV. A 70"+ won't get through some of the gates and shouldn't be on many of the trails.  Don't buy a Trail version unless you know you really want a small UTV.

Originally Posted By chargerkid5:
Polaris rzr 1000 xp. Turbo if you have the cash. If you need actual utility, get a general as it has a utility bed but is exactly the same otherwise as an rzr. 2 seat or 4 seat is a matter of preference but supposedly the 4 seat is better balanced for air time.

100% agree, can't go wrong with Polaris.  Riding in the Hills, there's not going to be any "air time"... well there might be but you're not going to like how it ends lol. Unless you plan on hauling 3+ people around all the time, get a 2 seater as it will turn corners on some of those tighter trails a lot easier. I put a PRP split bench in mine with 3 harnesses and we hauled 3 pretty easily though my daughter rides her own Sportsman out there now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kit_Karson] [#6]
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:
I am 95% sure that I will be buying a side by side UTV or whatever they are called next year in time for summer. I live in Summerset- Rapid City area. Any recommendations for brands/models and dealers? Thanks.
View Quote
My Polaris 4 seater just came in... Ordered it at the end of April.

Long story short... if it isn't on order right now it might not be here for much summer time.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kit_Karson:

Long story short... if it isn't on order right now it might not be here for much summer time.

View Quote

Shit, didn't think of that! Thought only important stuff like my new furnace and a/c were on backorder. If I can't get one for the next summer I can still get a kayak at Scheels or Fleet Farm and paddle around the local lakes while waiting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Shit, didn't think of that! Thought only important stuff like my new furnace and a/c were on backorder. If I can't get one for the next summer I can still get a kayak at Scheels or Fleet Farm and paddle around the local lakes while waiting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kit_Karson:

Vern Eide Motoplex in SuF was taking orders on late March/April last time I was down there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive got a Polaris General from 4 season motorsports in rapid.  

Works great for area trails and good onroad too. Also plow snow and cut alot of trees and dump rear end is great.

Its the only model Ill ever own. Just know if you hit trails in the hills its damn hard on the machines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top