Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 7:29:01 AM EDT
At 4:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 14, a Burleson Police officer made a traffic stop in the 1100-block is Hillside Drive. During the traffic stop the officer was shot multiple times. The officer was transported to John Peter Smith hospital in Fort Worth. His condition is unknown. More information to follow.

No further info at this time. This is my daughters department
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that, hope he makes a full recovery.  I think a traffic stop is one of the scariest things an officer can do. At least in a DV situation you know what you are walking into. That is why when I get pulled over I am always very nice to the officer and make no strange, fast moves. Being nice pays off more times I just get a warning, if give a ticket I never argue, it can be dealt with in court if you think he/she is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The shooters need to be hung instead of the bullshit sentences that they do receive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The shooters need to be hung instead of the bullshit sentences that they do receive.
View Quote

They might be in Burleson
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Multiple law enforcement agencies including the U.S. Marshals, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety are looking for Jerry Don Elders, involved in the shooting of a Burleson police officer in the early morning of April 14, 2021.

Elders is a white 39-year-old male. His last known vehicle is a stolen silver Toyota Tacoma, DKB6819. Elders is considered armed and dangerous.

Elders is wanted on the charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a police officer – a first degree felony and possession of control substance penalty group 1, less than 1 gram, which is also a felony offense.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Multiple law enforcement agencies including the U.S. Marshals, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety are looking for Jerry Don Elders, involved in the shooting of a Burleson police officer in the early morning of April 14, 2021.

Elders is a white 39-year-old male. His last known vehicle is a stolen silver Toyota Tacoma, DKB6819. Elders is considered armed and dangerous.

Elders is wanted on the charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a police officer – a first degree felony and possession of control substance penalty group 1, less than 1 gram, which is also a felony offense.

https://i.imgur.com/vqgbLP5l.jpg
View Quote

good to know
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just heard he is in custody
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Details if you have any you can share?

This transpired very near my house.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
That didn't take long, wonder if they snagged the other people in the car
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guy looks like he is probably an opiate addict or maybe a tweaker.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably likes opiates and meth
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Probably likes opiates and meth
View Quote

Hopefully he gets the big sleep.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hopefully he gets the big sleep.
View Quote

If I somehow get on the jury he'll get everything allowed under the law.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Should be hung on the courthouse lawn after appeals exhausted.

When my grandfather was young they were still doing that in East TN.
He said it was quite the deterrent.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That didn't take long, wonder if they snagged the other people in the car
View Quote
Word is they caught the woman early and she said where the guy was headed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Incident Information***************************************
At 4:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 14, a Burleson Police officer made a traffic stop in the 1100-block of Hillside Drive. The officer approached the vehicle on the passenger side. One of the three occupants in the vehicle fired shots and struck the Burleson police officer.
The suspect’s fled the scene in the car from the Hillside location. It is believed the suspects abandoned the vehicle in the 700-block of John Jones Drive.
Suspects then fled the John Jones location. It is believed that one of the suspects went to a home in the 8000-block of County Road 802 and carjacked a resident. At 8:44 a.m. a female arrived at the Joshua Police Department, 102 S Main Street, with gunshot wounds. She was transported to Huguley South and was pronounced deceased.

The Chief said Officer Lott took one to his vest, one to his shoulder, and one clean through his neck. God was certainly watching over him today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#19]
He's out of the hospital as of Thursday afternoon.

Lucky!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#20]
This stuff seems to be escalating daily.  Just read of OIS in San Antonio today.  Routine traffic stop, driver pulled gun and shot officer in the hand.  Officer returned fire killing driver and passenger, wounded a 2nd passenger.

This was a day or two after shooting at the San Antonio Airport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top