Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 7:33:16 PM EDT
Greetings from back east - I moved to CA from GA for a few years a number of years back and bought a pack of 5 10/20 mag blocks for 20 rd G3/PTR91 magazines and a raddlock bullet button with the intention of bringing my PTR91 out with me. After I ordered, things changed and I left it GA and never installed them. A few years later I moved back east and still have them. Cleaning out my stuff and was thinking I'd throw them on the EE but not sure if they have any value or if the laws still allow for them or not? Thanks in advance for the input.

BTW - there's things that are great about moving back to GA but I'd be lying if I said there wasnt a LOT I miss about CA all the time. Beautiful piece of property yall have out there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The window for registering existing bullet button equipped firearms has closed.  New builds or imports can be either featureless or use one of the approaches that requires "disassembly of the action."  More details can be found in the  tacked thread above.  I doubt there is much market or interest in a bullet button except as a part "just in case" one were to have a registered BB firearm and it break.  But one always has the option to recast the firearm in a non "assault weapon" configuration and have it removed from the register.  One can't, however, restore it to it's registered configuration again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I removed all my magblocks and bullet buttons and threw them in the fire pit. They’re abominations only worthy of destruction.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I removed all my magblocks and bullet buttons and threw them in the fire pit. They're abominations only worthy of destruction.

View Quote
agreed. I chased the laws here for a long time. each time spending my money to modify my firearms to keep them legal. its very close to the last straw, and if any new anti gun laws happen.... Well thats nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
your options are:

Go featureless. I did some of those

Register, too late for you.. I did quite a few and not sure if I regret it.. time will tell

lastly,

Something like the juggernaut hellfighter kit.  I really like that option best out of all the crappy options available.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to permanently installed magazines, and removed all my bullet buttons, put the regular mag releases back in.  Building my son's featureless tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top