Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 5:00:10 PM EDT
Just wanted to post to see if anyone is interested in the Bug Out again.  Its been several years since we hosted one and I had several call from people wanting to run it again.  For those who have never competed in it, its a survival exercise.  We did 27 events as well as moving 15 miles cross country.  Each competitor getting rated for how far they went, and challenges they completed.

The challenged ran from easy to brain teaser.  Start fires, recover lost keys from culvert and a slew of other drills and shooting events.  Let me know if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
This sounds fun
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Do it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
When and where? Sounds like a fun weekend

Depending on availability, im in
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
@MADUCE

Good to see you posting again.  Hope everything is well with you.

Sure wish we could have put that class together.  Had a good number who were interested.  

Never had any contact back from you after multiple attempted contacts per your instruction?

Again, hope you are well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Super interested!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
There's about 20 archived threads with discussion of the previous ones, but unavailable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I can toss a few things onto a prize table.

I've done a few run and guns, and some PRS matches, would be interesting to see how this works out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Interested in further details, specifically what region of TX
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be interested in doing it again.

For those asking about location, the previous BODs have been at Tiger Valley in the Waco area.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I did the BODs for a few years back then.
The first one was tough for me, then I got stronger and had more fun.

My right knee now says NO FOOKIN' WAY. I can do a few miles, maybe 5 in a pinch before I'd slow down and have to get creative in getting from point-A to point-B.

However....
Since then I have started my own woodworking biz and I'll donate award plaques & such...
Wood challenge coins?
We can hammer out ideas & details if you're interested.

Fun Times!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I did a Tough Mudder (Infinite Hero in College Station) recently and all I could think about was the Bug Out Drills and it sucked to not be able to shoot things.

YES, please light this back up. I will help you market the $hit out of it if you feel like the slots aren't filling up fast enough, and I'll throw something on the prize table.

For helping people see where they are at when it comes to disaster, this will wake you up. For a story that you will tell around the fire for years, this is it.

2007:

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested in further details, specifically what region of TX
View Quote

Tiger Valley is located roughly the mid-point between Waco and Mexia on Hwy 84.

mm
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
subscribing for updates
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, I would be interested; from DFW. Edit my brother would be as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top