User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As of right now, going to aim for Friday Sept 20th.

Buffalo Wild Wings South Elgin. Say 630-7P.

ETA:

Please post up if you can make it, and a TOTAL count of people attending.
View Quote
1 in.

Hopefully Wolfpack posts an AAR on the Area 51 raid that day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
In,
Marksman, maybe we update OP to show who's in.  Will obviously need a count of some type....
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
One for sure maybe two
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not saying In... But I'm not out either.

Have another engagement that weekend, y'all have fun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Old school bump.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good.  I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#8]
One possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
count me in!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds good!
May bring my stepson the wing king!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
List updated.  Lets keep it going!
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Put me in as a maybe. I work that day and next, just a matter of seeing how the day plays out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Sketchy for me.  That's riding distance, so no go for me if rain is likely.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in.
I'm the "Beasley" that Slarti mentioned

Eric
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm in.

Eric
View Quote
Glad to hear.  Anyone else who can make it, let me know.  I'll call in a day or two and let them know we're coming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm in.

Eric
View Quote
If you recreate this image except with the ARFCOM flag and Barrett, you will never have to reintroduce yourself:

Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a definite maybe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
354 miles away for me
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
354 miles away for me
View Quote
Sooo, you're coming?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't make it, gotta go fight the school district.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Are we still on for tonight?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes.  I just called.  They are wanting 75% of people to be present before we get seated, and will do their best to get us in for 630.  They advised there could be a delay etc.  I put in for 16, so we're good to go with 12 present.

PLEASE BE AS CLOSE TO 630 AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Gonna have to miss the dinner.....work and traffic interfered!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
FYI I’m here.  At the front, may migrate to the bar.  Gray shorts, black Glock t shirt.

Oh yeah and if you forgot, Scott.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FYI I’m here.  At the front, may migrate to the bar.  Gray shorts, black Glock t shirt.

Oh yeah and if you forgot, Scott.
View Quote
I’m at the bar. Got here early.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#27]
We got a table.  Right when you walk in.  You’ll see us.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Tonight, some people did something.

Attachment Attached File

To those who could make it, it was a pleasure to see you again.  To those who couldn't, I hope to see you next time.   I forgot how much fun these are and I look forward to getting more of these on the books.

Link Posted: 9/21/2019 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like enough to have fun, and eventually persuse into a local bar.

Sorry again I didn't make it, but I did end up TV
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey all,
It was great to see everyone again.  We need to start doing these more often.  Marksman and I are thinking about "doing some more things"....hahahahahah

We'll let you all know.  It was a great turnout for the first one back after a long hiatus.

We want to get the HTF back to being active again.  It's always good to see some folks in person that you normally only interact with online....

so, in anticipation of good times ahead and remembrance of some of the good old times in the past I present some past glories!

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I would like to propose another outing for those of us in the northern Illinois area. Of course, all are welcome, even Cheeseheads, but I realize that the distance would be an issue for many people. We could cross over the Cheddar Curtain and have a shooting outing at the RCLRC in Racine, we have quite a few members so we should be able to get quite a few people in. With some help from the muckety-mucks @MisterPX we could probably use the new 270 degree range that we have there. If a few people can bring some steel targets we can set up a nice course of fire and everyone can run through it, on the clock if you want. Alternatively, we could do it at ASC, but I'm not a member there. If there is any interest and if we can get clearance from the board I will start a new thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would like to propose another outing for those of us in the northern Illinois area. Of course, all are welcome, even Cheeseheads, but I realize that the distance would be an issue for many people. We could cross over the Cheddar Curtain and have a shooting outing at the RCLRC in Racine, we have quite a few members so we should be able to get quite a few people in. With some help from the muckety-mucks @MisterPX we could probably use the new 270 degree range that we have there. If a few people can bring some steel targets we can set up a nice course of fire and everyone can run through it, on the clock if you want. Alternatively, we could do it at ASC, but I'm not a member there. If there is any interest and if we can get clearance from the board I will start a new thread.
View Quote
I still need to get my key
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey all,
It was great to see everyone again.  We need to start doing these more often.  Marksman and I are thinking about "doing some more things"....hahahahahah

We'll let you all know.  It was a great turnout for the first one back after a long hiatus.

We want to get the HTF back to being active again.  It's always good to see some folks in person that you normally only interact with online....

so, in anticipation of good times ahead and remembrance of some of the good old times in the past I present some past glories!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/AnthonyHooters-1097850.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/ARF2_JPG-1097849.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/hooters_arf1_JPG-1097848.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/DSCN1067_JPG-1097847.jpg
View Quote
In the third pic, what are the screen names of the two guys on the right? They were regulars in the old days.

I recognize Josey Wales, Joe(can't recall the whole screen name, and Drobs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey all,

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/AnthonyHooters-1097850.jpg
View Quote
Right click, save as.   Damn, skinny me!
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In the third pic, what are the screen names of the two guys on the right? They were regulars in the old days.

I recognize Josey Wales, Joe(can't recall the whole screen name, and Drobs.
View Quote
The guy in the blue shirt, as soon as someone mentions a screen name, I'll be right behind you saying "damn, it sure is him, how could I forget?"
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Considering many SE WI guys are closer to Schaumburg, than Schuamburg is to Springfield, we may get enough to do a IL/WI thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#37]
That would be fun as well....
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#38]
new to the area so would be very interested in any outing y'all have.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn I feel left out!

Give me some notice and I'll try real hard to make the next one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Damn I feel left out!

View Quote
DROBS!!!!
What's shaking dude?  You gonna be going to VA by chance?  Maybe we see you there....

We are about ready to be scheduling another meet up.

I've been thinking about the rucks that some of the other guys are doing, so we could maybe meet up somewhere and  hike or we could just meet somewhere and shoot the crap....but we're about ready for th next meeting....
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn I feel left out!

View Quote
Dude!!!

Though you were livin it up in MO!?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Still living in MO.

Most of Brad's family and mine now live in Michigan. We were up there over Thanksgiving. We're planning a 4th trip up there this summer. I'll have to stop up in the burbs this summer when it's warmer out. Will see if we can put a IL-HTF get together then.

I think I'm done with working overseas. Spent the last 5 years in Djibouti Africa on the US Navy base Camp Lemonnier. Was a good time but life was starting to pass me by back home. Plus I had a complete idiot as a Manager. Didn't want to burn any bridges so called it quits. Finances have allowed me to take some time off work and enjoy life at home.

Put on a few pounds and have been experimenting with beards for the past 3 years. Here's me in Djibouti earlier this year:
Attachment Attached File

Bought a new vehicle, a 2019 Toyota 4Runner, which I'm setting up for off roading.
Attachment Attached File

Brad's Brother gave us a boat:
Attachment Attached File

Been doing some shooting out back of the house. Put together about 5 PSA AR15's.
Attachment Attached File

Shot my 1st ever deer last earlier this month in my back field:
Attachment Attached File

Enjoying unemployed life.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
After 5 at Lemonier, you should damn well be almost fluent in French!

Good to see life is going well for you and Brad.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
After 5 at Lemonier, you should damn well be almost fluent in French!

Good to see life is going well for you and Brad.
View Quote
My HS french which I got a D in, came in handy for getting a laugh out of the locals.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying life!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey all,
I wanted to ping this thread in the hopes that any of you subscribed to this thread will pick up an e-mail to come and check the thread....

1. We've started a battle buddy hiking thread....looking for more participants.
2. Bout time for another get together....I'd like to get something set in the next month or two.

Chime in and say hello.

EDIT: 12 years of Catholic schooling and I still can't spell....Shameful...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top