Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2022 9:38:48 PM EDT
First one was about a 2 years ago.

Second one was < 6 Months ago.

Last one was about 2 weeks ago.

Otherwise clearn criminal/driving record from what I know.

All of them were alcohol. Most recent one involved him driving the car into a ditch. No property was damaged other than his car, which I'd assume was totaled by the look of it.

He has a court date for his second one in about a week, but I don't know how that works if he has another one pending....

For the first one, I think he did the program where you go to alcohol abuse classes and they dismiss the charge.

How screwed is he? Jail time? No more driver's license?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My sister got a DUI in Texas 12 years ago moved up here and got into a fender bender while buzzed and lost her license for 10 years.
My brother in law got into a car accident passed the field sobriety test but failed the breathalyzer he was punished big time.
Then their was the son of the HR manager at my work  he was drunk and on drugs of some sort crashed his car into a tree and ran off .....probation.
Moral of the story.....be a criminal piece of shit you will get a slap on the wrist.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine, a few years back, got his third.  Went to the can for a while, and no license when he got out.  He passed in his "sleep" a few years later, he really like drinking.   The family never said what the cause was, but we all knew. Was a great guy other than that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully some prison time for him. Only a true turd wouldn't learn from so many DUI's. Lots of people aren't alive because of choices like that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Prison.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
It might become illegal for him to drive anything.  Only a problem if making a thing illegal makes him not do it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Your buddy f's around and kills the wrong persons family, the law may not be what he needs to worry about.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
By statute it should be a permanent revocation of his license with no hardship allowed.

90 days jail and $2,000 fine is minimum i believe.

That’s assuming his diversion for the first one doesn’t make this his second conviction under the measure 73 calculations.

I honestly i hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist. Your buddy sounds like a POS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Your buddy is a POS.  Get better friends.  Sounds like he drives drunk a lot, and hasn’t learned a thing.  

His second incident will possibly cause the first one to turn into a conviction, if he got a diversion, depending on the time frame.  I don’t recall how long they had to stay in the clear.  

#4 is generally a felony.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Has he lawyered up? Never go before a judge w/o a lawyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top