Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2018 5:40:53 PM EDT
Coming to the West Paces Ferry / Buckhead area the first week of January for school tournament. What area do you recommend staying in? Family of 4 for a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday trip.

Also need to find some fun stuff to do with my 12 y.o. son while wife & daughter are at the tournament all day.

We're from Nashville and been through ATL a bunch but don't come for trips.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The Cumberland/Galleria area has a lot of hotels that will be much cheaper than staying in Buckhead. It is very close to the West Paces Ferry area.

Depending on what you like, you could visit the aquarium. Also, you could run up to Kennesaw and check out Governor's Gun Club and do some indoor trap shooting.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
@pmc1
I prefer Airbnb or VRBO for personal vacations over hotels.

Prices from around $100 and you have your own kitchen to save on a meal or two. Most likely won't have to pay for parking like many hotels in the area.

Found two listings on opposites end of spectrum for you.

3 Bed/2 Bath Condo

Trump's pool house

For activiites it kinda depends on what you want to do and what you're into.
I'll link a website below that is pretty good about showing a bunch of random stuff going on so check it closer to your trip to see whats been added.
Events page for Jan. 2019
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top