Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2020 5:29:32 AM EDT
Good luck today folks!  Be safe if you are going to be out in the woods!!   Hope you get a big one!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yay, I get to deal with entitled trespassers for the next 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yay, I get to deal with entitled trespassers for the next 2 weeks.
View Quote

Think i need to put up a few more signs tonight at my place
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw an early morning Doe.   Was way too windy.  Leaving the camp had to stop because 6 does decided to cross in front of me.  I have to work the next two days, but there's always Thurs, Fri, and Saturday before next week!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
DH got a doe Sat with his bow and one today with his rifle.  Freezer meat, venison sausage, venison bologna...

A friend of ours makes that stuff special for him since he's got hypertension and is on a low salt diet.  She has a low-sodium recipe for it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Went again this morning.  Didn't seen squat!   Someone off in the distance was doing mag dumps all morning long.   Must be nice!!

I did get a spike during bow season.  Will be back at it tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DH got a doe Sat with his bow and one today with his rifle.  Freezer meat, venison sausage, venison bologna...

A friend of ours makes that stuff special for him since he's got hypertension and is on a low salt diet.  She has a low-sodium recipe for it.
View Quote

Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I hadn't seen anything but small bucks all archery season, so Saturday I wasn't going to let this young six point walk before the army of orange invaded the woods.

Then Monday morning saw a few little bucks before I got lucky and stumbled over this small ten point chasing a doe.  There's only nine points showing, but one was hid on the back side of the left antler.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Venison bologna?  I am intrigued.  What parts and how to make that.  Cause I get get down with a fried bologna sandwich.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Venison bologna?  I am intrigued.  What parts and how to make that.  Cause I get get down with a fried bologna sandwich.
View Quote

I have no idea how it's made; my processor does it.  Tastes like slightly gamey bologna.  My processor also does it with added cheddar cheese or hot pepper if you want.  Great stuff on a sammich!

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Only deer that I saw with horns.  I couldn't get a shot at.   And this was on the last day of the season.  I went out a few times doe/rifle season.  The deer are there, just not when I am !!

All isn't lost.   Still have bow season until Jan 1!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I took a doe on the 30th with a bow.   All in all a good season!  Very happy to be out in the woods.  I am still on the fence about the early heritage season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top