Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2022 12:31:23 AM EDT
https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/buc-ees-florence-location-opening-day-set-south-carolina/101-dde62d12-0282-4b0c-9c3a-e1bc3592cc31

Imma have to give up "ate paint chips" for "too fat to fly".  
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Finally.

Of course the traffic in and out of there will be nightmarish and the crowds inside even worse.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally.

Of course the traffic in and out of there will be nightmarish and the crowds inside even worse.
View Quote

Like a Walmart, but with a better BBQ smell.  

Seems I survived Leeds AL off I-20 in Bham AL in the early opening months.  But Florence SC off I-95 with all the Groomer supporters running to Dizknee World and Walt's Covid Cruises for the Vaxxed?  It might be a different story.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
GREAT. Will be through that area the following week. Will stop unless its mobbed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Since they're open 24 hours I'd say a late, late night visit would likely solve the crowd issue. Unfortunately the food service is not open all night so no brisket sammiches at 2:30am.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The fascination with a gas station on this forum still baffles me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buc ee's is the Mega mother of all gas stations. I'll stop once to check it out. May or may not stop in thereafter.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's what's on the inside that counts.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
the two in Florida are busy off I-95 but its not insane.   Always can find a empty pump.  Lines move fairly quick.

Bring a chair though, they have no tables.

I am sure opening week or two will be a little hectic but manageable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Passed by last Friday on my way to the OBX. They don't have a great exposure to the interstate unless you're traveling South on 95. They are going to have to fight Pedro for some more billboard space along the interstate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
It's open.

https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/16/grand-opening-day-buc-ees-opens-first-sc-location-florence/
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I expected this update to have been made by Pontificator from the beef jerky area.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
No, it would be from the sparkling clean restroom or, rather formerly sparkling clean restroom as I would destroy it after eating one of those pulled pork sandwiches.

Seriously, BubbaShootz has hinted at a road trip in the near future. Brisket on the board!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Headed to NC next week. Will stop there on the way up or back.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The Buc-ee's Experience:

That place is INSANE and to a great extent overwhelming in terms of people and merchandise.

Food service counter could barely keep up with the demand for one particular item and that was the sliced brisket sandwich.

BubbaShootz and I each ate three count 'em, THREE sandwiches each:

Sliced Brisket
Chopped Brisket
Pulled Pork (Bubba got a BBQ Turkey)

I say the sliced brisket was the best followed by the pulled pork and pretty far down in third the chopped brisket. The BBQ sauce they put on those sandwiches is a tad too sweet and just crosses the line from complimentary to overpowering (the chopped brisket was way oversauced).

Was it fun? Yeah, pretty much. We tried samples of jerky (Bohemian Garlic and Turkey jerky) which I liked. We briefly perused the hot sauce selection (they look good but we didn't buy any). Plenty of cashiers and they kicked ass in getting customers rung up and out the door.

I also noticed a line of Tesla EV charging stations. All empty of course.

When we pulled in we saw several Florence County Sheriff's Office vehicles surrounding a car and they were doing a thorough search of the vehicle. Shoplifters? Drug interdiction? Dunno.

In summary: fun but would probably not go there again anytime soon. Again, INSANE.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]
And NO, I did not experience the sparkling clean restroom. I did check out the giant beaver.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
But did you buy...

GAS?

It is a gas station after all.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And NO, I did not experience the sparkling clean restroom. I did check out the giant beaver.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/189022/image2_jpeg-2388333.JPG
View Quote

So that wasn't you peeking over my shoulder when I was taking a piss?

Attachment Attached File

FYI. Those urinals are separated by a 4 foot thick blast wall. No chance of crossing swords.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven’t braved this one yet, but I’ve been traveling for work to Chattanooga some lately, and I always stop at the one there.

The beaver nuggets were highly recommended. Not a fan, those things are nasty!  The brisket is really good though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I went yesterday.

I got gas but it was the same price as the others around.  In Florida they usually run cheaper the few times I been.  Sucks cause the local store lowered their price 15 cents today.

I like the sliced brisket a lot, but I got the pulled pork.  It was good but not great, it to me tastes like a mustard bbq sauce on that one.  good size sandwich for $5.99

I grabbed some wasabi peas that I not tried yet. I got sour salt water taffy and slices.  Ate some of those.   Im 15 minutes away at the moment.

I spied lots of ladies and couple cute ones working there.  It seems impossible meeting good single women up here.

found a socket and extension abandoned in the main parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So that wasn't you peeking over my shoulder when I was taking a piss?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
From now on I am wearing adult diapers like Lets Go Brandon so I don't have to stop and have that happen.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Today, I lost my Buc-ee’s virginity.  

And DAMN! WAS IT GOOD!!!!  

Made our stop on the way home from the beach.  Holy shit, what a shit show. I think every person leaving the beach and heading to the beach was there. Elbow room only, complete clusterfuck trying to get through the place.  Got the brisket sandwich and their chips.  OMG!  Now I see why Texans give us shit over our pork BBQ.

I’ve now got to figure out and see if I can do a brisket on my slow smoker the same way.

Leaving today, I was in the left lane before the traffic light and some jackass over in the far right almost slammed into me when he tried to change two lanes at once. Amazing how everyone else thinks they are more important than everyone else trying to get home.

Can’t wait to get back there in the off season.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:36:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Today, I lost my Buc-ee’s virginity.  

And DAMN! WAS IT GOOD!!!!  

Made our stop on the way home from the beach.  Holy shit, what a shit show. I think every person leaving the beach and heading to the beach was there. Elbow room only, complete clusterfuck trying to get through the place.  Got the brisket sandwich and their chips.  OMG!  Now I see why Texans give us shit over our pork BBQ.

I’ve now got to figure out and see if I can do a brisket on my slow smoker the same way.

Leaving today, I was in the left lane before the traffic light and some jackass over in the far right almost slammed into me when he tried to change two lanes at once. Amazing how everyone else thinks they are more important than everyone else trying to get home.

Can’t wait to get back there in the off season.
View Quote

they gonna open one in anderson too I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The sandwich would be better if it wasn't drowned in that BBQ sauce. I want to taste brisket not sugar.

One thing i do want to try the next time I go there (IF I ever go there again) are their various hot sauces (ghost pepper, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, etc.). They look really good. Chunky not that pureed pablum.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#25]
The candied pecans are crack.

Stopping there is about the only redeeming thing about driving up to DC for work every quarter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The sandwich would be better if it wasn't drowned in that BBQ sauce. I want to taste brisket not sugar.

One thing i do want to try the next time I go there (IF I ever go there again) are their various hot sauces (ghost pepper, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, etc.). They look really good. Chunky not that pureed pablum.

View Quote

I like the sauce, but the sandwich I got was lightly sauced, not swimming in it. Got the brisket taco the next time I stopped and there was no sauce on it, just shredded brisket, it was good like that too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top