Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2020 3:26:51 PM EDT
Has New Mexico eased its rules about gatherings? My brother just died and I need to know what to plan for getting to his funeral.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not looked at the changes that were made today, but if you are traveling from Idaho, I believe you will need to take a covid test 72 hours before your arrival, and have the negative test results upon your arrival, or self quarantine for 14 days or until your negative results arrive.  This is based on the current executive order requiring quarantine unless the state you are traveling from has a positive test rate of less than 80 per 1,000,000 resident AND has a positivity test rate of less than 5%.  I think Idaho currently does not meet those requirements.  

This assumes you care.

Currently, gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited.  However, funeral homes are considered "essential businesses" and are allowed to operate under "Covid Safe Practices" standards.  Not sure what those standards are, but a funeral home should know that information.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This assumes you care.
View Quote

This right here. Very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your family.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There are no more restrictions on people traveling from out of state. Just wear your mask & you’ll be fine.

So sorry to hear about your bro.

I can only imagine the lose you feel. If I lost my bro, I’d be crushed.

Edit: I was wrong. Sorry about that. Here is the updated info.
https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus-new-mexico/new-mexico-updates-list-of-states-requiring-quarantine/
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and kids have travelled there twice since March, and are actually there right now. My FIL has travelled from ABQ to AZ twice since April.

NM talks a big game, but they aren't doing anything to back it up.

Just go and don't worry about the hoops they want to you to jump through, you have more important things to worry about.

Sorry for your loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top