Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2020 1:10:23 PM EDT
I recently picked up a BCI Defense (Bremen Castings of Bremen, Indiana) 10.5” AR pistol. Historically I’ve been a Colt/BCM guy, but I really love this BCI AR. Seems to be a very high quality firearm.

Unfortunately Bremen castings stopped manufacturing complete firearms last year. I can only assume it’s due to the slump in the AR market and lack of ability to make a profit. I get it.

I picked this one up at Copper Customs in Valpo. They had rifles and pistols in stock. I think I will pick up another if I get the opportunity.

Does anyone else have experience with BCI guns?  I think the Indiana connection is kinda neat. It’s less than an hour from my house.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have  a  couple of their rails, and occasionally run into the owner of BCI.  If you are looking for lowers and other parts, Belcher's Gun Shop and Midwest Gun Exchange sell them.  Black Magic Armament is another dealer that deals directly with BCI, and their owner teaches the BCI factory build courses.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have  a  couple of their rails, and occasionally run into the owner of BCI.  If you are looking for lowers and other parts, Belcher's Gun Shop and Midwest Gun Exchange sell them.  Black Magic Armament is another dealer that deals directly with BCI, and their owner teaches the BCI factory build courses.
View Quote
Good info.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My experience has been two out of spec lowers where the trigger pin holes are slightly off and a number of my other uppers will not fit on one of them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't purchased any lowers because the Indiana dealers who stock them charge extra to transfer them to my FFL guy in Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
In case anyone wants more BCI products...

MGE buys out rest of BCI stuff
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]

I've got a couple of their lowers, I've never had any problems with putting any of my uppers on them.
Anodizing matches all of my uppers nice.
Dan
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
No reason to buy their lowers.  They’re as much as lowers from reputable companies.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No reason to buy their lowers.  They’re as much as lowers from reputable companies.
View Quote

Agreed.  For me it has novelty value since they were made locally.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
One complete gun that I built at their facility during a build class.  M4 style 16".  
Two stripped lowers that I used to build a couple of 10.5" pistols.  Both of those have PSA uppers on them.  No issues of any kind with any of them.
I worked in Bremen up until this month when I retired, precisely one block north of their casting plant and live about 20 miles north of there so it, too, was the local factor that prompted me to do it.  I bought the stripped lowers at Belcher's in Mishawaka, fwiw.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I use their lowers and never had a single problem with any of them. I live close to Bremen and have no reason to buy other lowers. I'm not aware of any problems using them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By blackrifledan:
https://i.imgur.com/HJQNlHl.jpg
I've got a couple of their lowers, I've never had any problems with putting any of my uppers on them. 
Anodizing matches all of my uppers nice. 
Dan
View Quote

Love that role mark!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a couple of their lowers just because they're from Indiana...built them up and haven't had any issues with fitment on them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool.  A couple more Michiana area Arfcom members!  Maybe we can arrange another Michiana Arfcom get together after some of the covid craziness tapers off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top