Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2018 12:05:47 AM EDT
Just saw on 33/40 that shots were fired at the Galleria. Heard on Hoover Fire Departments scanner feed that there is a 10 y/o with a GSW.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh great

The Galleria continues its decline.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Surprised it didn’t happen when the D&B opened up.

I won’t go to the Galleria.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Spent 10 years working in the Tower ending in 2004.  There has been a couple of shootings that I can remember among all the other crime.  Of all the activities overheard on the scanner is the "Signal 69" in the dressing room or parking deck.  Yeap  
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Shooting occurred near JCPenny, in front of a Store called “Foot Action”.

Carnac is on standby.

Reports of Pregnant Lady trampled, and other Crush Injuries.

Hoover PD supposedly engaged and neutralized the shooter, rumors of 3 dead.

Mall is reported secure now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Report is shooter is dead, is that confirmed?

EDIT-Found it listed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Report is shooter is dead, is that confirmed?
View Quote
If he’s one of the guys In the pics I’ve seen I’ll call em both.

But I ain’t gonna post em they’re all over the net.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Seeing them as well.  Waiting on press conference.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I got some more details apparently the shooting inside the mall was over some girl, and both the dead guy and a wounded guy shot each other, and hit a 12 y/o girl (bystander).

Hoover PD shot and killed one of the combatants and the other was wounded already.

There was a second incident involving shots outside the mall near Rooms To Go.

Anyways my source says 5 folks are arrested, 1 is sought for questioning, 1 is dead.

Carnac knows them all.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Wouldn't you know.  When it hit the fan, a veteran stepped in and saved the day.

A military medic took care of [12 year old girl's name] until Hoover Fire medics arrived.  
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2018/11/12-year-old-shot-at-riverchase-galleria-hurting-but-brave-mother-says.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wouldn't you know.  When it hit the fan, a veteran stepped in and saved the day.

A military medic took care of [12 year old girl's name] until Hoover Fire medics arrived.  
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2018/11/12-year-old-shot-at-riverchase-galleria-hurting-but-brave-mother-says.html
View Quote
Very good on him.

AL.com and Facebook commentary is sickening, trying to say that the deceased wasn't involved and the Police just gunned down an innocent black man, who was a veteran.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very good on him.

AL.com and Facebook commentary is sickening, trying to say that the deceased wasn't involved and the Police just gunned down an innocent black man, who was a veteran.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very good on him.

They are no longer trying they are actually saying "Man killed in Alabama mall shooting 'likely did not fire’ shots that injured 2, police say".
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2018/11/man-killed-in-alabama-mall-shooting-likely-did-not-fire-the-rounds-that-injured-2-others-police-said.html#
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
tag.

the GD thread on this went GD in a big way.

Sad if the guy was not involved, but I think anyone who carries a gun responsibly has had the thought of what might happen if you draw a gun in an active shooting and the cops see you before who did what can be clarified.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
tag.

Sad if the guy was not involved, but I think anyone who carries a gun responsibly has had the thought of what might happen if you draw a gun in an active shooting and the cops see you before who did what can be clarified.
View Quote
The mall cops probably got a call of a Black Guy with a gun and shot the first Black Guy with a Gun that they saw.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The mall cops probably got a call of a Black Guy with a gun and shot the first Black Guy with a Gun that they saw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tag.

Wasn't a Mall Cop.

It was a Hoover Police Officer working an off-duty extra job, and his partner.

Hoover Cop fired 3 Shots. 2 hit the guy, and 1 hit the off brand Foot Locker.

Other Cop didn't fire, as he said it was too crowded and he didn't have a shot.

Both shots fired hit the guy in the upper part of the body, including one in the eyeball (or close too it).
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
SITREP: clownshoes standing blocking traffic on 31. Wheres a good soaking deluge when you need it..

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/live-protest-in-hoover-over-deadly-riverchase-galleria-mall-shooting/25311739
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Where is an out of control semi when you need it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard they are going to block 65 today too
I think they want everyone to hate them
Why can't people protest on the sidewalk or something like that why do they want to get hit by a car or piss off everyone?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why can't people protest on the sidewalk or something like that why do they want to get hit by a car or piss off everyone?
View Quote
What’s the legality of running them over?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Just drove down 459 from 280 to the hwy 150 exit at Target, all clear. Didnt see any issues on 31 as I passed over.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just drove down 459 from 280 to the hwy 150 exit at Target, all clear. Didnt see any issues on 31 as I passed over.
View Quote
You’re a brave man.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You’re a brave man.
View Quote
In Glock and maintaining interstate speeds, I trust.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are Legally barred from blocking the interstate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anarcho-Tyranny.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
The are protesting at the mayor of Hoover's House tonight.  Follow Fred Davenport from WVTM
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Those protesters are gonna be really sleepy and or late for work..
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Those protesters are gonna be really sleepy and or late for work..
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm really confused on the purpose of shutting down the city of Hoover.  Especially at places like Sam's club?!  What did the workers and patrons of Sam's Club ever do to them?  If they want to protest, wouldn't the most effective area be around the police stations or court house?  Another thing that has been bothering is the misrepresentation of facts.  IMO they announced the details way too early before they had the clear facts and that early released really bit them in the ass when EJ was not the shooter.  Now the protesters are making accusation (based on what? I dont really know).  It would be easier for everyone if they could release the actually raw evidence footage so people can make a clear assessment before denouncing anyone involved with the shooting.  Also I heard there were multiple people with their firearms out?!  I'm not sure where that rumor started, but I have heard it from several separate sources albeit its hearsay.  Which brings me to question, what are people thinking during an active shooting?  I wasn't even remotely near the area, thank goodness, but I would hope if there was ever an active shooting, my gut instinct would be to seek safety immediately and assess the situation.  HOPEFULLY, I would not pull out my firearm and just be exposed. I remember reading somewhere on this ARFCOM about a guy that has been in a bank robbery and had his CHL and pistol on him.  AFAIK he calmly gave in to the armed robbers requests while he worked himself to the back of any hostage situation to assess and make a judgement on whether to expose himself as firearm carrier.  Hopefully I can keep calm in a similar situation and don't expose myself.  just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Hoover is going to have to do something and SOON.
Someone is going to get hurt, either from the protestors side or the general public.
You can't continue to harass people trying to shop or eat with their family or just trying to drive through the city.
If someone's family is getting threatened, then all bets are off.

There are multiple laws being violated by the protestors. Hoover PD better step up and restore order
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#29]
HPD has the patience of a statue.. at least a couple clowns got hooked last night for assault..the tax paying public is growing weary of this shitheel.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#30]
They are charging Carlos Chaverst Jr with two felony assaults after last night's protest at Ross Bridge.  Pop your popcorn and break out a handle of Tito's.  It's bout to be on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I know the GD thread has got this covered already probably, but evidently there is trouble in paradise. Carlos' little protest group is fracturing over contradictory accounts coming in from other people involved in the shooting. Couldn't happen to a dumber grifter.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Very good on him.

View Quote
From what I read  EJ didn't make it through boot camp. THAT is not a veteran
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top