Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 8:28:36 PM EDT
I have generally boycotted the NFL this year, but I've sort of started following Tampa Bay because of Brady and Gronk. No doubt many Florida fans hated Brady and Gronk for a very long time due to the Patriots dominance.

How do Florida fans feel about that duo now that they're playing for you and not New England?

Oh, and, Go Tampa Bay Bucs!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have generally boycotted the NFL this year, but I've sort of started following Tampa Bay because of Brady and Gronk. No doubt many Florida fans hated Brady and Gronk for a very long time due to the Patriots dominance.

How do Florida fans feel about that duo now that they're playing for you and not New England?

Oh, and, Go Tampa Bay Bucs!
View Quote

I surmise there are more Pats fans (with or without Brady & Gronk) in Tampa than Bucs fans. Florida teams don’t do well attendance wise and it has nothing to do with lack of talent.  There’s just no interest in local teams from the yankee transplants which is now a majority of the population. The liberal exodus from New England affects more than just politics.

To answer your question I think a lot of Bucs fans were excited but apprehensive to get their hopes up. Brady is old and Gronk is injury prone. This ain’t basketball where one dude can get you to the finals every year (LeBron). Fortunately, Brady stepped into a team with a rich receiving corps and their defense has done pretty well but it still seemed like just another New Englander moving south to retire. He has not been the TB from the 00s.

I knew a guy from CT who could see the Trop from his condo’s balcony, the Rays were in the World Series, and he didn’t even care to watch the game on TV because the BoSox weren’t playing.

I can’t imagine being that in love with where you came from yet also leaving it for someplace better. /rant
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Tampa is no different than any other city.  Everyone outside of NE hated Brady but every city would have embraced him if he came to their team.  Same can be said of pretty much any top talent.  Getting Gronk is a bonus!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Recently moved to FL from New England. Life long Pats fan. Went to a few games a year for the last few years. Was at his last game in Foxboro against the Titans. Sad day for all New Englanders. Still a Pats fan, but rooting for Brady & Gronk to win another ring. Hoping to get to a Bucs game next year. And maybe see the Pats in Miami when they come down. Hopefully they can find someone better than Cam Newton to start at QB next year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I surmise there are more Pats fans (with or without Brady & Gronk) in Tampa than Bucs fans. Florida teams don’t do well attendance wise and it has nothing to do with lack of talent.  There’s just no interest in local teams from the yankee transplants which is now a majority of the population. The liberal exodus from New England affects more than just politics.

To answer your question I think a lot of Bucs fans were excited but apprehensive to get their hopes up. Brady is old and Gronk is injury prone. This ain’t basketball where one dude can get you to the finals every year (LeBron). Fortunately, Brady stepped into a team with a rich receiving corps and their defense has done pretty well but it still seemed like just another New Englander moving south to retire. He has not been the TB from the 00s.

I knew a guy from CT who could see the Trop from his condo’s balcony, the Rays were in the World Series, and he didn’t even care to watch the game on TV because the BoSox weren’t playing.

I can’t imagine being that in love with where you came from yet also leaving it for someplace better. /rant
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Bucs on their way to Super Bowl 55!

Thanks New England for your leftovers :)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh look, a New York fan in the FL HTF. How original.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh look, a New York fan in the FL HTF. How original.

View Quote

Am I supposed to be a Jags fan??? I left everything about NY behind.... Just can let go of the Bills yet.

Also the thread was about Brady and Gronk, and I don't care who they play for I still hate them
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/75e8f3f1c1434528dd4949f1142e7657/tenor.gif

Well this didn't age well haha
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well this didn't age well haha
View Quote

No .... No it did not lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Am I supposed to be a Jags fan??? I left everything about NY behind.... Just can let go of the Bills yet.

Also the thread was about Brady and Gronk, and I don't care who they play for I still hate them
View Quote

Just teasing you lol.

I would’ve liked to see the Bills win.

The Bucs have no chance against Mahomes
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just teasing you lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just teasing you lol.

I guess the real question now is ... Should I even watch the SB.

Did you see that a while bunch of major companies won't be advertising this year for fear of upsetting someone?

It sounds like one CEO said he is going to upset half the population no matter what he does lol.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2021/01/25/in-cancel-culture-era-big-name-advertisers-arent-taking-the-risk-by-running-super-bowl-ads-n2583643

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck the NFL but I love Tom Brady (TB/TB) and he is a Trump guy so I am going to be watching the SB hoping that Brady can win and piss off all the Sport' Worlds SJW's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck the NFL but I love Tom Brady (TB/TB) and he is a Trump guy so I am going to be watching the SB hoping that Brady can win and piss off all the Sport' Worlds SJW's.
View Quote
Good point. I forgot all about that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Football, at all levels, is dead to me.  I just don’t care about Tom and  that other person.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I know it’s early but wow two Brady to Gronk TDs so far.

They are two New Englanders that I am glad moved down to FL!  

Sorry you suck now, Patriots lol
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
No opinion on Gronk. Brady, well he supported Trump, that is good but he also got caught cheating, very bad. He might be very good at what he does but I could never trust him.
My opinion of his former manager and that entire team is even worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top