Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 6:09:48 PM EDT
Story

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Nashville Mayor John Cooper created a new position with $3 million in funding to improve public safety.

The new role and funds will continue the ongoing effort of violence prevention in the Metro area. The Mayor's Office says the initiative will "...span the city and bring experts from neighborhoods, local business, philanthropy, and government together."

To lead the effort, the Mayor announced that longtime youth mentor and coalition building Ron Johnson will serve as Metro's new Community Safety Coordinator.
View Quote

Anyone want to bet against the murder rate actually going up after this bullshit is implemented?

That's $3mil that could've been spent on maintenance in schools that are falling apart. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Commission another study, form a committee, spend money while having nothing concrete to show for it.

It's the democrat way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Story

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Nashville Mayor John Cooper created a new position with $3 million in funding to improve public safety.

The new role and funds will continue the ongoing effort of violence prevention in the Metro area. The Mayor's Office says the initiative will "...span the city and bring experts from neighborhoods, local business, philanthropy, and government together."

To lead the effort, the Mayor announced that longtime youth mentor and coalition building Ron Johnson will serve as Metro's new Community Safety Coordinator.
View Quote

Anyone want to bet against the murder rate actually going up after this bullshit is implemented?

That's $3mil that could've been spent on maintenance in schools that are falling apart. Unbelievable.
View Quote

"...span the city and bring experts from neighborhoods, local business, philanthropy, and government together." - that's a joke LOL! Here's what I remember from our idiot mayor. Minneapolis was burning 2020.  A day or so later Memphis was being attacked by BLM. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages were done, in just a few days, to many cities across the United States. The next day, the Nashville mayor decided to let BLM protest in Nashville. There were hundreds of posts on his Facebook page begging him not to allow this to happen. Why? Because most cities that were allowing BLM protests at the time we're basically inviting hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions of dollars in damages to their city DURING COVID. What did he do? He allowed it to happen. Him and many liberals that Day said "Don't worry, it will be peaceful". What happened? We had hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages to Nashville. He was either the dumbest mayor in the United States, or he was in on it.  Can you imagine if a bunch of Republicans got together that day and asked Cooper if they could protest during a pandemic?  Please...

Hiring this new guy will make no difference when liberals won't acknowledge the exponentially high violence and crime from black neighborhoods in this city. That will not be allowed.  Therefore, violence will not be fixed in Nashville. Because in order to combat it, they would have to look at Mexican gang violence and black gang violence. Black on black crime. And that ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, can’t y’all use some of the money to pave some roads!?!  The potholes look like aerial views of the Grand Canyon...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, can’t y’all use some of the money to pave some roads!?!  The potholes look like aerial views of the Grand Canyon...
View Quote

It's spring.  Potholes are made in the winter, and fixed over the spring and summer.

Yeah, they are bad in some places.  The other day, I was going over a long series of them in the Jeep, and was trying to figure out how to straddle the worst of them (my axles weren't long enough to straddle all of them).  If I was still driving older VWs, I probably would have busted a tire (and it wouldn't be the first time).
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess it’s a good thing that ol’ BC ran for the hills. I’m sure he feels safer now, too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's spring.  Potholes are made in the winter, and fixed over the spring and summer.

Yeah, they are bad in some places.  The other day, I was going over a long series of them in the Jeep, and was trying to figure out how to straddle the worst of them (my axles weren't long enough to straddle all of them).  If I was still driving older VWs, I probably would have busted a tire (and it wouldn't be the first time).
View Quote

I’ve been straddling them from Exit 66 to 54 on I-24...and most are in the first and second lanes.  It’ll be interesting to see how paving goes on I-40 after I move to Lebanon and take a different route to work.  My Cherokee has just the right width to either straddle of stay between most of the potholes.  Still, there’s got to be a better method of repairing these roads.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ve been straddling them from Exit 66 to 54 on I-24...and most are in the first and second lanes.  It’ll be interesting to see how paving goes on I-40 after I move to Lebanon and take a different route to work.  My Cherokee has just the right width to either straddle of stay between most of the potholes.  Still, there’s got to be a better method of repairing these roads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westbound section of I-40 (right lane), before you get to exit 201, was repaved not too long ago.

Now, the section (right lane) just before you get to exit 199 is even worse.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
All progressive gov programs are nothing more than money laundering schemes for politicians' friends.

It will have no effect on crime or safety.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All progressive gov programs are nothing more than money laundering schemes for politicians' friends.

It will have no effect on crime or safety.
View Quote

I wouldn't bet on that, since some democrat programs have a history of resulting in increased crime and decreased safety.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wouldn't bet on that, since some democrat programs have a history of resulting in increased crime and decreased safety.
View Quote

I would agree with that.

They line their friend's pockets while grandstanding what they are spending on crime. LOL. No political money ever deters crime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top