Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 12:47:00 PM EDT
This might be the longest dry spell in a while I've seen in the fox valley in at least 10 years. No Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, Stagg, Blantons, or Weller to be found anywhere in the last year without going secondary market or the "right to buy" lotteries. It's even getting hard to find common bottles like Evan Williams Single Barrel. I even wore my "BRING ME THE PAPPY" shirt to my local liquor store. They didn't.

Anyone else having better luck in other areas of the state?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll check next time I'm at any of the local liquor stores, but I was just there 2 days ago to stock up... so won't be going back until I need another bottle of "Knob Creek Smoked Maple". Which will be about 10 days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was home last at the end of Feb and spent half a day driving around looking for Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and Weller. I ended up finding one bottle of BT. My mom found a bottle of ER a few weeks later and snagged it for the next time I’m back. It’s crazy how fast some of those brands fly off the shelf - or never even make it to the shelf.

Last week the Class VI had 1L bottles of BT for $21.99 so I used up my entire months booze ration on that
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was home last at the end of Feb and spent half a day driving around looking for Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and Weller. I ended up finding one bottle of BT. My mom found a bottle of ER a few weeks later and snagged it for the next time I'm back. It's crazy how fast some of those brands fly off the shelf - or never even make it to the shelf.

Last week the Class VI had 1L bottles of BT for $21.99 so I used up my entire months booze ration on that
View Quote
Buffalo Trace seems to be slowly trickling back in. The rest, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, I say this hoping you asshats don't go buy it all up, but the Slipknot No. 9 Iowa Corn Whiskey is REALLY good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you try Club Liquor in Menasha? Or Flannagans?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Total Wine in Brookfield comes through every now and then...

But I've been buying the stuff I really like online from sipwhiskey.com and chipsliquor.com.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Total Wine over by the West Towne Mall in Madison had Eagle Rare two weeks ago.

I think the Woodman's in Onalaska had some a month or so ago too, so I see it occasionally.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
here in Marshfield the usual places have stuff. EH Taylor, 4 Roses, etc.    Anything you want me to keep an eye out for?

edit: Sorry, Basil Hayden, not EH Taylor.  I haven't seen that in a bit either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
my little local small town liquor store has pappy's and god knows what all else on hand.
It's not cheap but its available.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
here in Marshfield the usual places have stuff. EH Taylor, 4 Roses, etc.    Anything you want me to keep an eye out for?

edit: Sorry, Basil Hayden, not EH Taylor.  I haven't seen that in a bit either.
View Quote
Right now just looking for EH Taylor or Blantons....I'm out of those 2. Have a few bottles of the rest to get me through for a couple months yet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:37:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
my little local small town liquor store has pappy's and god knows what all else on hand.
It's not cheap but its available.

View Quote
@DirtyDirk
how much???
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't seen Blantons in person in WI.  Just NYC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@DirtyDirk
how much???
View Quote

Not sure, I think last I looked a bottle of 13 yr old was $2500.
His prices are very high, but like I said he's got lots of hard to find stuff.
Sells to big spenders from Ill during the summer.

Used to sell at a more normal price until he found out his customers were buying from him and reselling for the big bucks.
He wisely decide to make the big profit himself.

Can find out for sure if your a big spender and maybe the trip would be worth your while.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sure, I think last I looked a bottle of 13 yr old was $2500.
His prices are very high, but like I said he's got lots of hard to find stuff.
Sells to big spenders from Ill during the summer.

Used to sell at a more normal price until he found out his customers were buying from him and reselling for the big bucks.
He wisely decide to make the big profit himself.

Can find out for sure if your a big spender and maybe the trip would be worth your while.
View Quote
Nah, won't be necessary. If I were to spend that on a bottle of whiskey, I think my wife would murder me in my sleep.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nah, won't be necessary. If I were to spend that on a bottle of whiskey, I think my wife would murder me in my sleep.
View Quote

Think she'd sell the bottle afterwards?

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I was gonna say hell, $25.00 for a bottle of good hootch isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Finally hit the jackpot yesterday.
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top