Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2020 1:11:44 AM EST
Link

Depending on your view of the BRC (if you haven't shot there, it's incredibly shit), they're either merely opportunistic or are actively working to further Boulder's goals re: banning guns.

This approval fulfills a requirement that allows Boulder to close off almost all accessible National Forest land to recreational shooting.

Of course once Boulder comes up with a reason to shut the BRC down, have fun trying to get the forest land opened back up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:17:00 AM EST
They are between a rock and a hard place for sure.

"Dispersed" shooting is a big issue on the front range, the population is reaching levels where it just can't be done. We had someone in El Paso County where I live killed a few years ago, and I personally have experienced close calls in Larimer, Boulder, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Park, Douglas, Teller, El Paso, and Pueblo counties over the last decade. Morons shoot over hills, over/along trails, into houses, shoot trees, leave massive amounts of trash, and even start wildfires.

I hate paying for a place to shoot, but it is nice not having people suddenly appear in front of your backstop, and it is a lot easier to put a fire out when it is contained in a berm
Top Top