Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2021 10:02:24 AM EDT
So i tried out the online car buying experience and i have to say, it was far better than sitting in a dealership all day. Was able to search thousands of cars with any filter i wanted to find the exact deal. Was delivered to my house 3 days later and they picked up and took my old car with a VERY fair trade in value. Now that i have the car, i was given 7 days of 400 miles to test drive and make sure i want to keep it. If i decided not to, it is taken back no questions asked for a full refund. If anyone is thinking of doing this, here is a link they gave me and if you use it, you will get $200.00 off your purchase and i think i get something as well

http://www.carvana.com/referrals/adam-lewis

Just wanted to share my experience
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve purchased 2 vehicles via them. A tundra and a Murano. Zero issues, easy no hassles.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Good info.
Where do you go to get your services / under warranty work done, regular dealer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
if car is still under warranty, yes just contact the dealer. Carvana also gives a 90 warranty if you find anything that need fixing one you take delievery
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Will be making a vehicle purchase in the next month or two and I will admit I have been wondering about them and if they were legit. I’ve seen that they have had some issues in North Carolina recently.

I guess I need to check out their website and see what they have to offer.

If you don’t mind me asking… did you find financing through them? Use your own bank?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I still have to sit in the driver seat and test it myself before buying
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will be making a vehicle purchase in the next month or two and I will admit I have been wondering about them and if they were legit. I’ve seen that they have had some issues in North Carolina recently.

I guess I need to check out their website and see what they have to offer.

If you don’t mind me asking… did you find financing through them? Use your own bank?
View Quote

I did financing through them.. was approved online in 5 minutes and everything was setup by the time the car was dropped off
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
We're contemplating going that route. They offered my wife $32k for a car that cost $32k two years and 25k miles ago when it was new. Hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did financing through them.. was approved online in 5 minutes and everything was setup by the time the car was dropped off
View Quote

Thank you for the reply. I’m assuming just like normal dealers they are hooked up with all the big lenders.

I have had good run ins and bad run ins with dealerships. However it’s usually for the worst.

Lately unless I know I’m dealing with people just like me then I could give a single fuck less and would rather not have to see a single person besides the guy who delivers it. Seems like a win win for me.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good info.
Where do you go to get your services / under warranty work done, regular dealer?
View Quote

I’ve had my tundra for 3 years and no issues so didn’t have to test the warranty process. My wife’s murano she’s had 6 months and had a battery issue. They sent us to a Ma and Pa repair place local to us. They hat the car fixed and returned in 24 hrs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
no problem... happy to help... use my link if you decide to go the carvana route and save $200.00 off
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the info. i've always been skeptical. i suppose i'll just have to go test drive one at the dealership and then buy through carvana
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Caveat Emptor.

They seriously low balled me on 2 different vehicles I was selling… several dealers offered me $10,000 more for the same vehicle… and $8,000 more for another. And I would never buy a used car without seeing, touching, and test driving it first.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Caveat Emptor.

They seriously low balled me on 2 different vehicles I was selling… several dealers offered me $10,000 more for the same vehicle… and $8,000 more for another. And I would never buy a used car without seeing, touching, and test driving it first.
View Quote

Test driving or smelling.
A few years back when used car shopping during the hot florida months, you just open the car door and can smell the stench.
Test drove only 1 out of 5 vehicles checked out simply because the others smelt like smokers or simply bo.

I am sure these onLine places are very easy to deal with but then you are paying a premium over the hassles of haggling.

Basically pick your poison.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy CPO's (or former CPO's) online from badged dealers (sometimes wholesale brokers) if I can follow the trail....

Haven't tried the Carvana route....

Bought stock in Vroom, it's been good to me...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top