Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2021 9:09:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The Puck is vehicle positioning (not GPS for the driver, but the ability to track the car's location by the management).

I don't know what the button is for.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll confirm the puck. Had a Lt who would put a tuna can over it to block the signal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll confirm the puck. Had a Lt who would put a tuna can over it to block the signal.
View Quote

I did the very same thing!  I melted some pellets down and lined the inside for added measure.  Painted the can white to match the roof of the truck.  JB Welded rare earth magnets to the side of the can to hold it on to the roof.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I did the very same thing!  I melted some pellets down and lined the inside for added measure.  Painted the can white to match the roof of the truck.  JB Welded rare earth magnets to the side of the can to hold it on to the roof.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Could well have been an investigator’s car and the holes in the trunk were for storage of a long gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The NY Transit Authority was the previous owner. Why would Transit Authority need an "investigator", let alone a long gun for them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could well have been an investigator’s car and the holes in the trunk were for storage of a long gun.

The NY Transit Authority was the previous owner. Why would Transit Authority need an "investigator", let alone a long gun for them?

They have plenty of investigators. Do you mean these guys?
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
the push button should be for safe stop. hit the button and remove the key and the car will stay running, just can't be moved
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lots of agencies that don't seem to need them have cops. There was a story here about a NY leo who was involved in monitoring doctor's offices drug regulation compliance. He got arrested for some drunk escapade.
View Quote

Yeah, shooting two people on a Manhattan sidewalk.
ETA: He got a whole 100 hours of community service.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top