BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2018 5:23:02 PM EDT
Everyone safe?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Marhsalltown got hit pretty good also. I heard Pella as well.

I hope everyone's alright.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
We got hit bad in marshalltown
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Marshalltown did indeed get hit bad. Thankfully Alliant Energy wasn't hit or the entire town would be blacked out.

Pretty much everything north of the viaducts took at least a scratch or dent and main street got hit hard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at a class at DMACC when the cloud went over.  After it passed we could see the back side of the cloud.  It was huge.  My bet is the top was at 40,000 feet.

kwg
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at a class at DMACC when the cloud went over.  After it passed we could see the back side of the cloud.  It was huge.  My bet is the top was at 40,000 feet.

kwg
View Quote
I just happened to be at DMACC also. I think I heard 42,000. You could tell something was getting
ready to go down. Small cool breeze, followed by a very quick rain, Then the sun came out in full force
it got real still and the heat and humidity came on pretty strong.
Attachment Attached File
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top