Page / 2
Posted: 10/12/2021 5:53:28 PM EDT
12/8 compliance deadline.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
And they thought morale was bad now...
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The machinists and guys actually BUILDING the planes are most opposed, good luck getting fat karen the secretary or Sam soy from HR who support this BS to actually get the lines running again
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, our manager told us about that today.  I am an engineer and I will apply for the exemptions, but I am fully expecting them to get denied.  So I will start using my 300+ hours of sick leave I have saved up along with my 150 hours of vacation time and coast out the rest of the year.  If the exemptions get approved, cool.  If not, cool.  Wife and I have been wanting to move to a free State for a few years now.  She owns her own business and can work from anywhere.  I'll mop floors if I have to.  I am not being forced into a vax by Boeing or Biden.  Only part that sucks is that by getting fired we lose our pension.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, our manager told us about that today.  I am an engineer and I will apply for the exemptions, but I am fully expecting them to get denied.  So I will start using my 300+ hours of sick leave I have saved up along with my 150 hours of vacation time and coast out the rest of the year.  If the exemptions get approved, cool.  If not, cool.  Wife and I have been wanting to move to a free State for a few years now.  She owns her own business and can work from anywhere.  I'll mop floors if I have to.  I am not being forced into a vax by Boeing or Biden.  Only part that sucks is that by getting fired we lose our pension.  Oh well.
View Quote

You can't resign and keep your pension?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would you consider 2 weeks notice resignation instead? That’d leave the door open in the future if they came to their senses and you wanted to go back for any reason, although if they’ve capitulated to this horse shit then not going back seems like a better option anyway.

I’m wondering if they’ll change their tune when they see enough manufacturers leave and the lines slow WAY down, and how the Texas employees will be affected, or if they’ll just blanket grant exemptions to avoid the bs, although they’re a WEF partner so unlikely.  Damn “conspiracy theorists” keep turning out to be right all along
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

@USMCBEANS

Use up your sick leave & vacation and then quit.

Why give money back to the assholes?

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@USMCBEANS

Use up your sick leave & vacation and then quit.

Why give money back to the assholes?

View Quote

Aren't you ineligible for unemployment benefits if you quit? That would be one reason. I very well may need those benefits
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Aren't you ineligible for unemployment benefits if you quit? That would be one reason. I very well may need those benefits
View Quote

You’re ineligible if you get fired for refusing the rona shot as well in xiden’s America, they really want you to suffer for disobeying the “party”
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering the same course of action. I’m just shy of 55...might take early retirement. Looking into all options
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The machinists and guys actually BUILDING the planes are most opposed, good luck getting fat karen the secretary or Sam soy from HR who support this BS to actually get the lines running again
View Quote

I just got a text about a CA suit in the works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Find it interesting boeing didnt move on this till after southwest had their employee pushback this weekend. I suspect SW asked boeing to link arms with them.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Find it interesting boeing didnt move on this till after southwest had their employee pushback this weekend. I suspect SW asked boeing to link arms with them.

View Quote

You have to remember that Boeing is always late to the game. They adopted Theory X management years after it went out of favor. Always playing catch up at Boeing. Hell, that is why we ended up with the 737 re-engine becoming the MAX instead of a clean sheet design like everyone in engineering was asking for. Had to play catch up with the NEO.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Thats for arizona law. I wonder if the same "shall issue" rights exist here in Wa for our exemption requests?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thats for arizona law. I wonder if the same "shall issue" rights exist here in Wa for our exemption requests?
View Quote

Rights and Washington state don’t really go hand-in-hand

Unless you’re a criminal/tweaker/blm/antifa etc
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Law doesn't matter in a post constitutional republic or an authoritarian oligarchy like the US.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good website with resources

https://marchforfreedomwa.com/
View Quote

I cannot attest to the validity of the information presented in the below video.  I present it for the purposes of discussion.  It's a little over 18 minutes in length FYI.

Hotlink to Video on Vimeo from WA Civil Rights Council

If the hotlink does not work, copy and past this URL into your browser:  https://vimeo.com/622630021

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#19]
good video, lots of useful information that needs to get out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok, title says dropping as in letting it go.

I'm guessing you are under 50 and mainly speak only jive.

Boeing announced vaccine mandate?

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how I read it as well. Thought they were saying no to tyranny. Should have known better.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My theory: it's intended to reduce labor costs by driving maxed rate employees out. At the same time, the union contract is up for negotiation in a year or so, & if the majority of employees are new hires at that time, then even if court challenges prevail & Boeing has to call back all the maxed rate old guard, they'll still have secured a give away shit sammitch contract.

Quoted:

Title edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My theory: it's intended to reduce labor costs by driving maxed rate employees out. At the same time, the union contract is up for negotiation in a year or so, & if the majority of employees are new hires at that time, then even if court challenges prevail & Boeing has to call back all the maxed rate old guard, they'll still have secured a give away shit sammitch contract.
View Quote

Somewhat agree there. I too believe boeing figures on whomever is close enough to retirement or fed up will walk.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#25]
signs all over the Everett factory about a sick out every friday starting the 15th.  anyone else seeing this or plan to do it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
signs all over the Everett factory about a sick out every friday starting the 15th.  anyone else seeing this or plan to do it?
View Quote
Saw one

Time of year a lot of people are close to rollover and no time. Wonder how that'll work out

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Scuttlebutt is management has already accepted they will lose people and are now looking at how to increase incentives/pay to boost the abysmal hiring rate.

That's also potentially going to apply to current employees, for some reason people are going to better paying jobs in the region.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Scuttlebutt is management has already accepted they will lose people and are now looking at how to increase incentives/pay to boost the abysmal hiring rate.

That's also potentially going to apply to current employees, for some reason people are going to better paying jobs in the region.
View Quote

Word is that  a ~30% labor loss is expected by management It's part of their plan.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Word is that there is a ~30% expected labor loss. All part of the plan.
View Quote
Wow thats high.

I work with 2 guys who've stated they wont get the vaccine. They'll quit first. These two are similar; married, sole bread winner and have more than one kid. They're currently scrambling, going for the medical and/or religious.

Im willing to bet money neither of them will quit if denied their exemptions. Dont get me wrong, Im not shit talking them, they're both great guys and work hard (believe it or not). I think however they'll come to the realization, that loosing their livelyhood just to stick it to a desperate and failing democratic admin that will be gone in a couple years, isn't worth it. Thats my take. I'll eat my hat if Im wrong.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Again, I think this is being seized as an opportunity to thin out the experienced ranks & steamroll a contract full of concessions. Giving away the pension was the taste of blood, & they want more.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like the religious exemption forms opened up today, not requiring a letter from an organization but I bet it’d help.

So any word on Churches or religious orgs in W. WA that are working with what’s left of Americans on this?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Big turnout protest on Airport Rd. Some "Fuck Biden" & "Fuck Joe & the Hoe" flags being flown.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone hearing about people already quitting and being perp walked out over this?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Not to my knowledge. Heard guys talking about quitting or being gone by 12/7. Again, management is banking on ~30% labor loss. They basically want to flush out a lot of old guard & replace them with more malleable green horns. Who cares about the product? "Anyone can do this work" is the mantra.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone hearing about people already quitting and being perp walked out over this?
View Quote
Perp walkin aint till after the deadline. Till then you can just hit F10

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not to my knowledge. Heard guys talking about quitting or being gone by 12/7. Again, management is banking on ~30% labor loss. They basically want to flush out a lot of old guard & replace them with more malleable green horns. Who cares about the product? "Anyone can do this work" is the mantra.
View Quote

What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Big turnout protest on Airport Rd. Some "Fuck Biden" & "Fuck Joe & the Hoe" flags being flown.
View Quote
Heard there was going to be a march down mainstreet at lunchtime

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Reminder if you are a Boeing employee you should submit your medical/religious exemption form.  The last day to submit is Monday.

ETA:
Just submitted mine and we are over 8,600 submitted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Reminder if you are a Boeing employee you should submit your medical/religious exemption form.  The last day to submit is Monday.

ETA:
Just submitted mine and we are over 8,600 submitted.
View Quote

Any word on anyone you know?

I submitted mine 10 days ago and nothing happened yet, even got the signed form from a religious leader but my request is still just sitting there
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#43]
My lead put in for one. He hasn't heard back yet.

Ive read in other threads that other large companies are granting them, but they cant make accomidations therefore fired.

But we still dont know how boeing will handle them.

You guys get the wall of text union email today?

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m non-union, anything interesting in there?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I didn’t see any emails from SPEEA. What time did the email come through?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm non-union, anything interesting in there?
View Quote

Not sure if serious.

You don't pay union dues and you want the guys who do pay dues to tell you the plan?

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ll let you know what it says on Monday. This isn’t a Union/Non-union fight. This is a fight against a tyrannical government mandate. And the unions haven’t really shown themselves to be on the sides of the workers the last few contracts anyways.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I didn’t see any emails from SPEEA. What time did the email come through?
View Quote

Got mine (IAM) bout 1pm friday

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top