Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 10:31:52 AM EDT
I just picked up a small fishing boat with a mercury 9.9

I ran it in a bucket and it doesn’t “pee” . That’s a problem.

Anyone recommend someone that doesn’t charge an arm and leg for labor? Would like that issues fixed and maybe a tune up. I welcome garage mechanic too!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Water pump impeller swaps look easy.. do it yourself?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Water pump impeller swaps look easy.. do it yourself?
View Quote

Yea i actually just watched some YouTube. I’m gonna give it a shot. But would also like general tune up and make sure everything is good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to own a boat ,you need to learn to service it yourself . BOAT= BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND .  The happiest 2 days in owning a boat are the day you bought it , and the day you sold it .
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll second the question, need a good boat tech in the east valley for a 97' 200HP Vindicator.  Need a good overall tune up, cables adjusted, carbs set/synced, timing checked all the every few year stuff.

I've been doing the mechanic thing for a long time but this thing is like trying to get 6 Honda CR250's to run in sync with no pre mix and scares me to death!  Blew a power head on a 275 V-Max because I was dicking around and would rather break out a thousand versus fifteen or twenty.

No to hijack the OP's thread but there are a few of us who know how to spend a dollar wisely... However the rest buy boats!

Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to own a boat ,you need to learn to service it yourself . BOAT= BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND .  The happiest 2 days in owning a boat are the day you bought it , and the day you sold it .
View Quote

Thank you for the insightful post.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top