Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2021 10:39:21 AM EDT
Any recommendations for dog boarding in the NOVA (or within 1.5 hours) area? I have a friend who has to go overseas for a month, and boarding places around here are $60/day. Ideal would be someone who can keep the dog in their home for the month. Dog is a female golden retriever.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any recommendations for dog boarding in the NOVA (or within 1.5 hours) area? I have a friend who has to go overseas for a month, and boarding places around here are $60/day. Ideal would be someone who can keep the dog in their home for the month. Dog is a female golden retriever.
View Quote
Best bet is to check rover.com.  They do an excellent job of managing their sitters and walkers, and you can tailor your search for price & specifics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the dates?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Try VIP Boarding kennel in Lovettsville. We have used them numerous times while on vacation, and have been very satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the dates?
View Quote

Best guess is July 15-August 15. She is waiting for the health situation to improve in some of the foreign destinations.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used Silverbrook Kennels in Stafford. Was very pleased, per their website $30.00 day. 10% discount if military.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best bet is to check rover.com.  They do an excellent job of managing their sitters and walkers, and you can tailor your search for price & specifics.
View Quote

I'll second for rover.com. I have used them for long term care.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the information. I've passed it along to her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top