Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2018 3:54:30 PM EDT
Won't let me shoot my foshtech binary trigger unless the manufactor has a video on how to safely use it? I'm not sure if this is standard now for a lot of people or what, they also allow full auto there with now training requirement. My question it are people really shooting themselves this much to warrant it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Won't let me shoot my foshtech binary trigger unless the manufactor has a video on how to safely use it? I'm not sure if this is standard now for a lot of people or what, they also allow full auto there with now training requirement. My question it are people really shooting themselves this much to warrant it?
View Quote
Liability is what’s makes all rules and such. They don’t want the hassle and there are quite a few dummy’s running around with guns so I can see their reason.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Several negligent discharges is why it's not the liability. If it was liability no class III stuff would be shot there. Stupid people shooting the roof and other things caused this
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Several negligent discharges is why it's not the liability. If it was liability no class III stuff would be shot there. Stupid people shooting the roof and other things caused this
View Quote
Liability is what drives a lot of the range now. Like some dumbass goofing around slips and falls and wants to sue, now we can't have our vehicles warming up because it could melt the snow and make it slippery and why we have to all wear cleats now.

Ricochets from shooting objects on the ground. Steel targets can't have holes or dings in them and have to be at a certain angle. They are trying to get ahead of everything and cover their asses. As much as it sucks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No tracers because someone lit the dump(behind the back stops) on fire with an errant round, rounds must impact the back stop(they found bullet marks on the dump bulldozer IIRC)... like the military as soon as some assanine new rule comes out it is because SOMEONE bounced a check while screwing a midget hooker on a tricycle during a 3 way...
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No tracers because someone lit the dump(behind the back stops) on fire with an errant round, rounds must impact the back stop(they found bullet marks on the dump bulldozer IIRC)... like the military as soon as some assanine new rule comes out it is because SOMEONE bounced a check while screwing a midget hooker on a tricycle during a 3 way...
View Quote
There is no proof that fire had anything to do with a tracer. You have stuff decomposing in there and lord knows what somebody threw away that could have started it. But no, just blame the tracers. I have talked to guy that have been shooting there years before i was a member saying they used to shoot tens of thousand of rounds of tracer and never had a problem. Maybe they should start cutting all the trees along the berms.

If they found bullet marks on the dozer it's most likely somebody shooting it. Like they shoot the dumpsters and toilets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know their rules for steel targets? I was gunna buy a nice silhouette one but will shit can the idea if their rules are too picky.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
@Alaskanforfreedom.....Pretty sure you need RO's permission to put your own steel out, but don't think its a big deal..I know the 300 range has several steel gongs sitting at the end of it that anyone can shoot...

Here is the rules....

http://brspclub.com/members/for-rifle-shooters/range-specific-rules/
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
My thing is I get it if they want to cover themselves more but to say that someone is so much more dangerous because of a binary trigger vs a full auto mac is a bit silly.
If someone is an idoit with a gun it doesn't really matter if it's a single shot, binary, or full auto there still going to mess shit up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Be thankful you have Birchwood.  If you like having guns pointed at you, unsafe steel targets, broken glass and trash everywhere, brass whores at your feet while your trying to shoot, people shooting while someone is downrange, being threatened after asking someone not to point their gun at you then come to Fairbanks and visit South Cushman Range which is unregulated. Those are all things I have witnessed and experienced.  Not to mention the guy I took to the hospital after he shot off the tips of 2 fingers.   Oh, and bring your body armor.  I watch everyone like a hawk while there and if they are unsafe I just leave.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Be thankful you have Birchwood.  If you like having guns pointed at you, unsafe steel targets, broken glass and trash everywhere, brass whores at your feet while your trying to shoot, people shooting while someone is downrange, being threatened after asking someone not to point their gun at you then come to Fairbanks and visit South Cushman Range which is unregulated. Those are all things I have witnessed and experienced.  Not to mention the guy I took to the hospital after he shot off the tips of 2 fingers.   Oh, and bring your body armor.  I watch everyone like a hawk while there and if they are unsafe I just leave.
View Quote
Good point .... but Todays Birchwoods staff is like dealing with a bunch of mini kim jong un's . Even when shown to be wrong they just keep on. seen it twice lately. It'd be better to treat people like you want to be treated. bite down when needed but in a respectful way and when wrong admit it and move on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There is no proof that fire had anything to do with a tracer. You have stuff decomposing in there and lord knows what somebody threw away that could have started it. But no, just blame the tracers. I have talked to guy that have been shooting there years before i was a member saying they used to shoot tens of thousand of rounds of tracer and never had a problem. Maybe they should start cutting all the trees along the berms.

If they found bullet marks on the dozer it's most likely somebody shooting it. Like they shoot the dumpsters and toilets.
View Quote
Totally agree, shot tracers there for many years .... what next no lead projectiles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top