Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/11/2018 10:40:15 PM EDT
Been quite a few years since I went to a show at the old Hara Arena. Is the show any better/bigger since it has moved?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven’t been but my guess would be same vendors new location
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven’t been but my guess would be same vendors new location
View Quote
Pretty much this when I went.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I went for the first time in years today.  I like the new venue but the overall show seemed smaller to me.  Price is a lot higher for admission ($10 for each adult) since the last time I went which I believe was $6 last time I went so that tells you how long ago that was!  Not bad but definitely not as good as the 80’s and 90’s.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
What be the Montgomery County Event Center?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went for the first time in years today.  I like the new venue but the overall show seemed smaller to me.  Price is a lot higher for admission ($10 for each adult) since the last time I went which I believe was $6 last time I went so that tells you how long ago that was!  Not bad but definitely not as good as the 80's and 90's.
View Quote
I member those days. The "Bayonet Man", an older gentleman with all his cool stuff laid out on multiple tables. Gary Cole with his cases of surplus ammo. Gustav "Gus" the German guy with his milsurp firearms brought over the Canadian border, stuff not obtainable in the States, and (what seemed like) table after table of hobbyists buying and selling to add to their collections.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What be the Montgomery County Event Center?
View Quote
645 Infirmary Rd. off RT-35. Smells a lot better than Hara.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Been quite a few years since I went to a show at the old Hara Arena. Is the show any better/bigger since it has moved?
View Quote
Well I decided not to go. May give it a try after C & E takes over.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to a few of the shows in the late 80s early 90s, great shows to go to, been looking for a show like that ever since.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Well crap ...no more $2 bills
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought 10 bucks was too high for what was there on the tables. Food was stupid priced too, but i usually don’t eat at gun shows.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the reasons I pretty much stopped going to show by the time you pay to park and then get in the door your down close to $20 and there are really no deals that you cant find in the shops.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been to the new location twice. It's nice because it's new, but basically just a pole barn. $10 admission is steep and too much in my opinion. I went for something to do and to chat with a friend more than anything else, or I would have been disappointed. I saw some decent prices on new handguns. Unfortunately not a lot to look at really. I wouldn't bother going if you're going to be upset leaving empty handed after an hour or less of browsing.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top