Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2020 9:53:58 PM EDT
So I'll be in staying in Sheridan for a week next month and am looking for some fun things to do in the Big Horns.
Will have the family with me. We like hiking/fishing/general outdoors stuff.
I've driven through the area on the way back from Yellowstone a few years back but haven't spent any time there.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a Wyoming Atlas / Gazetteer, it has Forest service roads, hiking trails, fishing info, etc..... There's plenty of access for what you're looking to do.
Weatherby is in Sheridan and they have a store you can check out and purchase things. Black Tooth Brewery is a good place to have a pint if you're a beer drinker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get yourself a Wyoming Atlas / Gazetteer, it has Forest service roads, hiking trails, fishing info, etc..... There's plenty of access for what you're looking to do.
Weatherby is in Sheridan and they have a store you can check out and purchase things. Black Tooth Brewery is a good place to have a pint if you're a beer drinker.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a cabin at Bear Lodge or Elk View. Food is great.  Get out and do some evening looking around.  There were 6 bull moose hanging around that area along with about 80 elk west of Elk View
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#4]
This trip is sort of an exploratory trip to gain intel for future trips.
We did the Tongue River canyon trail yesterday, amazing views. It was hot, but decent breeze. Drove up to Burgess Junction, stopped a Sibley lake area on the way. Saw a bull moose on the river near Plum creek.

Going to explore 16 today, hike some trails and take a few gravel roads through some canyons. So far so good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
When the ex and i stayed in Burgess they rented side by sides. Not that cheap, but we rented one and rode around to check out the countryside. Really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top