Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 10:40:33 AM EDT
I missed he gave but heard he created several other executive orders for "ghost guns"

here's an email I got from GGO spelling out the changes:

Late yesterday, Joe Biden delivered a 30-minute-long rage fest in the Rose Garden, lashing out at gun owners who have blocked his gun control agenda in the United States Senate.

As he concluded, Biden announced a MASSIVE LIST of new gun control agenda items that he is implementing through Executive Orders, bypassing the Congress completely!

Executive Orders that would:

>>> Require lower AND upper receivers to have a serial number;

>>> Force gunsmiths to serialize existing homemade firearms;

>>> Ban the future sale of unserialized 80% lower receivers;

>>> Mandate serial numbers be included on firearms ‘parts kits;’

>>> Force gun dealers to surrender sales information to the ATF;

Then, Biden announced that he was nominating Steve Dettelbach as the new director of the ATF. If confirmed, Dettelbach would be the point man for the White House in unleashing the ATF on the American people, enforcing the gun control items listed above!

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
FJB
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah but at least we don't get our feelings hurt by mean tweets anymore...right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
We are a nation of laws, not a nation of arbitrary rules issued by a branch of government with no authority to do so.

Fuck 'em
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
An executive order can only go as far as authorized by a specific statute allows.  What statutes are cited in the orders?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not what I read. That looks a little misleading.
View Quote

Exactly.  Looks like Hysteria to me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are a nation of laws, not a nation of arbitrary rules issued by a branch of government with no authority to do so.

Fuck 'em
View Quote

and yet our 4th branch of governmnet does that all the time....IRA, ATF, DEA, FBI,....etc etc etc
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and yet our 4th branch of governmnet does that all the time....IRA, ATF, DEA, FBI,....etc etc etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em

I believe (I could be wrong) that all of the agencies listed are under the executive branch, whose job is to execute the laws as passed by the legislative branch. The executive branch doesn't get to make their own laws. That's not to say that they don't, but they have no Constitutional authority to do so. The fact that we the people have allowed them to get away with this for so long says more about the people than it does the government.

I'll leave it at "fuck 'em" so as not to incriminate myself.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

...those are all in the executive branch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah but at least we don't get our feelings hurt by mean tweets anymore...right?
View Quote

Trump set the precedent for this.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course, nothing like this would have ever happened had not Trump did the bump stock thing...right?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course, nothing like this would have ever happened had not Trump did the bump stock thing...right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would certainly be far more difficult had the precedent not been set.  One of several colossal Trump fuckups….hey but he had some bad ass burns in his tweets
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
OBAMA- I'VE GOT A PEN AND A PHONE
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is not true. This EO crap as well as the "czar" crap comes way yonder before Trump. I'll take (deserved) shots at Trump, but to pretend this bullshit started with him is misleading and untrue.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Executive orders definitely happened before Trump but when Trump pulled the bumpstock BS as a sitting Republican and got away with it,  the democrats knew nobody would question it when they took it to an extreme.  

Not once have I heard Trump admit he was wrong.  I also remember when Trump was asked what he thought about supressors and he said "I don't like them".  Hence why the hearing protection act removing them from being regulated never made it past first base.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Executive orders definitely happened before Trump but when Trump pulled the bumpstock BS as a sitting Republican and got away with it,  the democrats knew nobody would question it when they took it to an extreme.  

Not once have I heard Trump admit he was wrong.  I also remember when Trump was asked what he thought about supressors and he said "I don't like them".  Hence why the hearing protection act removing them from being regulated never made it past first base.
View Quote

The view from my lawn chair suggests that maybe the purpose of bump stocks wasn't exactly to make a gun behave more like a sniper rifle, as the Mandalay Bay Hotel shooter clearly demonstrated. Had the shooter been using a suppressor in addition to his bump stock, his victims would have had a more difficult time figuring out where to run, which in turn would have increased his head count. I sometimes wonder where we'd be if he'd mixed up his tannerite and packed the trunk and parked his car near the concert goers. Now should machineguns, silencers and explosives be illegal? Of course not, but we can't change the laws from trying to find a back door option around them...which only gets us more laws.

Whatever the case, I am pro machinegun, silencer and binary explosives as anyone as I have a few myself, but I am 'anti back door' in any effort that would get folks like me lumped into the same pile as those who have demonstrated criminal behaviors...and being a responsible 07/02 SOT, I play by the rules, even if I don't like them. And while I am on the subject, sometimes there are NFA discoveries that are made that are so genius that they have to be kept from the public (although properly documented) knowing that if it ever got out, everything changes. Anyway that is enough about that

As far as Trump goes, I do know there are some that has inside information regarding what took place after Mandalay and how the HPA subsequently fizzled out, just like there are those who simply doesn't (and probably ever will) have a clue. Having that said, the Mandalay shooting did have consequences that affected all of us, just like the 2020 election continues to do. So if hanging up a poster of your favorite villain and flipping it off and yelling at it is somehow therapeutic, I'd say it's medicine worth taking
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The view from my lawn chair suggests that maybe the purpose of bump stocks wasn't exactly to make a gun behave more like a sniper rifle, as the Mandalay Bay Hotel shooter clearly demonstrated. Had the shooter been using a suppressor in addition to his bump stock, his victims would have had a more difficult time figuring out where to run, which in turn would have increased his head count. I sometimes wonder where we'd be if he'd mixed up his tannerite and packed the trunk and parked his car near the concert goers. Now should machineguns, silencers and explosives be illegal? Of course not, but we can't change the laws from trying to find a back door option around them...which only gets us more laws.

Whatever the case, I am pro machinegun, silencer and binary explosives as anyone as I have a few myself, but I am 'anti back door' in any effort that would get folks like me lumped into the same pile as those who have demonstrated criminal behaviors...and being a responsible 07/02 SOT, I play by the rules, even if I don't like them. And while I am on the subject, sometimes there are NFA discoveries that are made that are so genius that they have to be kept from the public (although properly documented) knowing that if it ever got out, everything changes. Anyway that is enough about that

As far as Trump goes, I do know there are some that has inside information regarding what took place after Mandalay and how the HPA subsequently fizzled out, just like there are those who simply doesn't (and probably ever will) have a clue. Having that said, the Mandalay shooting did have consequences that affected all of us, just like the 2020 election continues to do. So if hanging up a poster of your favorite villain and flipping it off and yelling at it is somehow therapeutic, I'd say it's medicine worth taking
View Quote

Of course people who own registered MG's don't want the registry reopened, let alone have them removed from NFA purview. It devalues their investment. A bumpstock is not a "back door" anymore than a belt loop is a "back door". The original bumpstock was designed within the existing rules (ATF even said so, before they did an about face). Then, they decided to change the rules even though they don't have the authority to do so.

The legislature has delegated much of their responsibility to the unelected bureaucrats of the executive branch because they don't want to be on record voting for/against a particular topic. If everyone in Washington was in agreement that bumpstocks should be banned, why didn't they draft up a 1-page bill outlawing them and then vote on it? Because they have to win reelection. Unelected bureaucrats aren't burdened by such trivial matters.

Sic semper tyrannis
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Of course people who own registered MG's don't want the registry reopened, let alone have them removed from NFA purview. It devalues their investment. A bumpstock is not a "back door" anymore than a belt loop is a "back door". The original bumpstock was designed within the existing rules (ATF even said so, before they did an about face). Then, they decided to change the rules even though they don't have the authority to do so.

The legislature has delegated much of their responsibility to the unelected bureaucrats of the executive branch because they don't want to be on record voting for/against a particular topic. If everyone in Washington was in agreement that bumpstocks should be banned, why didn't they draft up a 1-page bill outlawing them and then vote on it? Because they have to win reelection. Unelected bureaucrats aren't burdened by such trivial matters.

Sic semper tyrannis
View Quote

I own registered machineguns but would support opening the registry, even if it meant my investment dropped to the cost of their semi counterparts, and I think most registered MG owners feel this way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump is a New York liberal. He doesn't care about guns or gun owner rights. He listened to the NRA when they suggested a bumpstock ban.
No he doesn't like suppressors because all he knows about them is what he saw in movies.  As a liberal, he's not a gun guy. Now, this is not me defending him or brow beating you in any way and I really hope it doesn't come off that way. But he will never apologize for his view of guns just like I (and you as well I suspect) will never apologize for our view.
The farther we get from the end of Trump's presidency, the worse he looks. In my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top