Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2021 1:40:30 AM EDT
Looking for shops in Ohio that may have more of a used, higher end selection of firearms.  Specifically, I am looking for Lugers, Walthers, and S&W revolvers.  The shops in NE Ohio have predominately modern firearms, which is understandable, but not my cup of tea right now.  I was wondering if anyone may have a suggestion of good shops that may carry classics.  Anywhere in Ohio, and western PA, and northern WV is ok.

I may have some time off between Christmas and New Years to visit some.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Check these guys out. if you want $42,000 shotgun they have it.  they have other stuff as well from time to time

http://www.jaquas.com/
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go to Findlay, hit up Jaqua's and Buffalo Trading Co. West of there in Ottawa is Cherry's and Ottawa Ordnance. Jaqua's and Buffalo have the more expensive items. Buffalo used to have a good amount of Lugers and Colt Pythons and Smith Revolvers from the good ol' days. I mentioned Ottawa because it is fairly close if you've never been there and you never know what you'll find.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Imagine my disappointment not finding info on Ohio "gunships"
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Imagine my disappointment not finding info on Ohio "gunships"
View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Errant finger.  That happens a lot these days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks gentlemen.  I will check them out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Theres that shop in Northfield center, but I don't think anything in the store is actually for sale. ( tongue in cheek sorta, but not so much )
View Quote

Jim occasionally sells stuff but you have to be persistent ??
I've actually gotten some good milsurp's out of that shop.

Northfield Gun and Tackle in Northfield OH.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Theres that shop in Northfield center, but I don't think anything in the store is actually for sale. ( tongue in cheek sorta, but not so much )
View Quote

Quoted:

Jim occasionally sells stuff but you have to be persistent ??
I've actually gotten some good milsurp's out of that shop.

Northfield Gun and Tackle in Northfield OH.
View Quote

Quoted:

You'd have an easier time getting a rare 1918 first day of production Remington Mosin with spanish civil war markings out of me than buying a common gun from him. Oh wait.
View Quote

I tried to buy something from them once but was denied the sale because, as I was told, "We're going to try to sell it online."

I think it was a holster or something like that. Maybe a magazine.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You'd have an easier time getting a rare 1918 first day of production Remington Mosin with spanish civil war markings out of me than buying a common gun from him. Oh wait.
View Quote

It's certainly true that walking into that shop can be disheartening, wall to wall milsurp's but most are part of the owners personal collection and not for sale. He does move some milsurp's though, most of the gun shops in the area send people trying to sell "old stuff" to him. Case in point, the 1918 Remington M91 you were nice enough to sell to me is bookended in my storage rack by a original matching 1917 Remington M91 and a Russian 1917 M91 that was converted into a training rifle by the Japanese. Both are rather uncommon and both came out of Jim's shop.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last time I was there there was a small room off to the side that was roped off, filled with M1 Carbines
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top