Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2018 1:52:03 PM EDT
Hi All,

I would be extremely grateful for your input.

A couple of considerations:
-Im an amateur at driving in the snow
- I’ll be with my wife and two kids
-flying in from FL
-renting a car which means crappy all-season tires

What’s my best option as far as airports?  Rental car recommendations?

Again, extremely thankful for any guidance.

JP
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
When will you be up here?  Typically we don’t see bad weather for a little while still.
Fly into Burlington, there are a bunch of rental companies there at the airport.  It’s a quick run down the highway to Stowe.
Unless you get on the road during a storm driving will be no problem.  If it’s snowing then just remember to go easy on the throttle and brake but chances are the roads will be clear and dry.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I always recommend flying into Montreal.  It's cheaper to fly into/out of than Burlington.  The rental cars WILL have snow tires on them as QC requires them starting 01NOV.  The only issue would be it's about 3 hours to Stowe from Dorval as opposed to 1 hour from Burlington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top